Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very new to the site and am hoping someone has some insight for me. I have an 06 Titan w/ 15k on it. I was listening to an MP3 CD and the radio/ all controls just cut out. The only thing that works or can be adjusted is the clock. The back lighting also works. No other buttons will do anything. All I tried so far was the obvious pushing the volume knob for power, and nothing. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. John

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Welcome to the site!!!

Sometimes unhooking the battery for about an hour, will reset it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just reset mine this morning. Same issue. Brought it to the dealership for that problem in the past and they said first, it was my radio equipment(subwoofer and satalite radio). When I asked them exactly what caused it(since they wanted to charge me to look at it more) then the story changed to the radio needs to be rebooted like a computer(they are so full of s%^t). My fix is unhook the ground for 1 minute. Then use this time to do ecu reset along with other resets you can do. The info is on this site. It makes the truck so much more responsive. Don't bring it to the dealership, you just risk them messing up your truck more.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
^^^^^what he said^^^^
mined has done it twice and I dont have any aftermarket subs or satellite. Is just a bad radio by nissan. Just disconnect the negative for a minute and it would work.

Welcome to TT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts