Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for my Titan to arrive, I ordered it a few months ago and it will arrive in early april. I am disappointed to hear so many complaints about the radio, as I did order the RF system. I rely heavily on the radio and I expect it to boom. This is the simplest of devices on the Truck and I hope it is corrected by the time I get my truck. I do not remember having a problem with the radio in the titan I test drove, although it was not the RF, I remember that the engine sounded pretty damn good!!!
I am glad I found this site, as I will certianly check the radio and the spray on bedliner before I complete the transaction. I hope to return to this site with some promising news regarding this issue. I know this is a brand new truck and was cautioned to buy a first year model, but I am taking a shot on company that is putting out some nice products.
If anyone has some good news regarding the radio or bedliner please reply, would love to hear some praise!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,
Thanks for getting back, I will keep my open for the fix. I think I ordered the exact same truck you have. Looks great!! Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I too am getting the RF and am a little worried about the problems that people on the board have been experiancing. I am relying on a fix from NISSAN. :rolleyes:

DONT LET US DOWN NISSAN :cheers:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Stock up on some of your favorite CDs - sounds like they're actually moving swiftly to resolve the problem!

Party on... Wayne!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my Titan this past weekend(april 6th)
The radio has the same issues as everyone else, it just does not have good signal strength, otherwise it sounds great. Have not seen any posts of a fix, except for installing the banks exhaust system.... I am going to order one soon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I called them (1800NISSAN1) today and they made a file of my complaint with the radio. The lady said that they have not heard of that problem. Two minutes later they called me back and said that there was now a TSB for it and told me to go to my dealer, give them the file number and they would tell them how to fix it. I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sound fading in and out

I havnt really listened to the radio much or cd but the wife called me and told me the other day that when listening to a cd the sound faded in and out. I suggested it may be the cd but she said no its doing it on most of the cd's she has listened to. anone else have this problem? the 1st oil change is this friday Im bringing it up to the service dept. Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may be the ssv (speed sensitive volume) it is probably turned on. Verify that it is turned off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hawkeye680 said:
I called them (1800NISSAN1) today and they made a file of my complaint with the radio. The lady said that they have not heard of that problem. Two minutes later they called me back and said that there was now a TSB for it and told me to go to my dealer, give them the file number and they would tell them how to fix it. I will let you know how it goes.

Please give us the TSB number!

·
Registered
160 Posts
bbqhog said:
Please give us the TSB number!
NHTSA has a Service Bulletins #04034 on RADIO/TAPE DECK/CD ETC this is a different problem. See details below

Details: DVD PLAYER INOPERATIVE. NISSAN ARMADA 2004 ALSO INCLUDED. *TT

·
Registered
275 Posts
I picked my truck up yesterday- the guys at the shop said there is no fix for the radio yet. I called Nissan today and left a message with the rep but no return message yet. I guess she was wrong about the TSB.

I am a little aggravated about the whole issue, but then again I think about all the problems the Hemi boys are having on the POS Dodges, or the sluggish new Fords, or the underpowered and overpriced Chevys. I would rather have a sucky radio for a little while than my wheel break off or get into a class action suit because of broken motors like the Dodges.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
My last info is that it will be 'out' the beggining of May.

It would not do much good to put out the TSB if the stuff needed is not in stock yet...hence the delay.

chris

·
Registered
680 Posts
Radio volume changing all by itself as mentioned above is the ssv feature on the radio. The owners manual which i find to be pretty poor does not explain the feature. Took awhile to figure that one out but I do have poor radio reception in FM, AM is pretty good though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You guys are awesome. I learn something everyday. I was wondering what SSV was. I wasnt happy that at a stop, I can barely hear the stereo and at highway speed, it is too loud. THANKS.
chek6

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks guys for the info, I got home on friday and found the ssv was on high and turned it off and I havnt had any problems but with the reception very poor to say the least.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts