Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a titan so forgive the strange question but does anyone else have that issue? Is there a quick fix? If I change the angle of my rear view mirror it doesn't seem to help, also by doing a search I found out that there is no easy way to change the display color of the dash, too bad. Any advice about the refection issue would be appreciated

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mine did it with the OEM stereo, it's even worse with the after market head unit... You just kinda have to get used to it unless you put an anti reflective layer on the back window maybe.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Only thing I could do was turn down the brightness of the interior lights. That helps it be less annoying, but it is still there.

Reactions: BobNYC

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
After you drive around with it, you'll get used to it. I've forgotten all about that until now.

·
Registered
620 Posts
thats exatly what I thought when I bought mine but now I really don't even notice it. Just give it some time.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
haha I got use to it, it use to bug me, but now I don't even see it anymore.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Only thing I could do was turn down the brightness of the interior lights. That helps it be less annoying, but it is still there.
exactly^^^^

I turn mine down from the "top" setting on the roller switch.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
It still bothers me....lol.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
it use to bother me when i first got it then i got use to it then i got a double din headunit and its noticeable again but im use to it again haha

·
Registered
720 Posts
If I ever did notice it, I can't remember. Now that you asked, I'll have to look.

What bothered me was the glow from the power adapter for the GPS and the cell phone. I turn them so the LED aims down to the floor. That way, it doesn't reflect in the windshield or the passenger window.

:ftard::teethmast:teeth:

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Mine does it, you'll get used to it, thiers not much you can do about it.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
This was a common discussion point back when I got my titan in 06. I thought this was going to be a very old thread! I hadn't seen it discussed for awhile...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
If I ever did notice it, I can't remember. Now that you asked, I'll have to look.

What bothered me was the glow from the power adapter for the GPS and the cell phone. I turn them so the LED aims down to the floor. That way, it doesn't reflect in the windshield or the passenger window.

:ftard::teethmast:teeth:
Pisses me off why everything has to have a stupid LED on it these days. Even my gosh dang vacuum cleaner has LED's on anytime it's plugged in.

Little OT there, my bad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sortof used to it. I'm taller though, so all I see is the airbag alert light.
Not to jack the thread, but my real issue is that if I don't have the dash lights at full brightness, there is a buzz in my stereo. The buzz gets louder the brighter the display, then stops when I roll over the click to the highest position. I assume it is a ground issue with the dimmer switch. Its really annoying though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts