Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I was told by my salesman when trying to trade on Thursday. I asked, "they will not let you sell what is on the lot"? because of a radio problem? He told me no. Sounds like BS to me. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
BillM,
I have been shopping around for a 2020 Pro4x. On May 28, I was informed by a dealer that said there’s been a recall on the infotainment screen and they cannot sell them. I had test driven theirs overnight and the screen developed a “haze” on the screen.
Another dealer said that they could sell them if they fix the recall before selling it. That dealer tried to screw me on the deal so I walked away empty handed.
Lastly, I called Nissan recall dept yesterday. They told me there are no current recalls on 2020s, I even provided VIN. She said no reason for them not to sell a car to you, it would be fixed regardless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really a strange deal. I believe these are made in Japan if I'm not mistaken and I believe availability is more the issue. Not sure why they couldn't come up with a better narrative than a radio problem. The specific vehicle I was looking at never showed parked out front again but there were others there. Maybe those were 2019s. I'm wondering if another dealer wanted the truck and they took the sure sale.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Really a strange deal. I believe these are made in Japan if I'm not mistaken and I believe availability is more the issue. Not sure why they couldn't come up with a better narrative than a radio problem. The specific vehicle I was looking at never showed parked out front again but there were others there. Maybe those were 2019s. I'm wondering if another dealer wanted the truck and they took the sure sale.
The radio or the truck?

It is most likely that the electronics are made in China like most. The Titan is assembled in Canton Mississippi, the engines are also made in the USA. The 5.6l VK56DE is manufactured in Decherd Tennessee.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2020 Pro 4X has an appointment on the 7th for a 9" navigation head unit replacement. The screen is delaminating and appears to be clouding up below the surface. There is a service bulletin out for the issue but I do not know what the number is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts