Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have luck with these in snowy conditions? If so, do you have recommendations on how to set them?

I don't know what was wrong with intermittent wiper controls - worked for some 40 years without bother. But with melting snow or ice on the windshield, or falling snow that settles and is too cold to melt (or just melts where the defroster blows, down near the base of the windshield and away from the rain sensor), these new fangled things are rubbish.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Anyone have luck with these in snowy conditions? If so, do you have recommendations on how to set them?

I don't know what was wrong with intermittent wiper controls - worked for some 40 years without bother. But with melting snow or ice on the windshield, or falling snow that settles and is too cold to melt (or just melts where the defroster blows, down near the base of the windshield and away from the rain sensor), these new fangled things are rubbish.
I somewhat agree the intermittent wipers were always reliable. On the other hand how much snow do we really get that is going to cover our sensors for any lengthy period of time? We get snow and yes it has covered my sensors for the wipers as well as the bumpers. At start up right away beep beep beep, good thing there is that cancellation option to shut those beeps off and that the snow is not too often or it might drive me a little batty lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just had mine working yesterday for the first time with snow, I set mine on low ...I couldn't figure out before what the hell i was doing and I just set it on that i was driving and moisture started to pile up on the window and it cleared it and repeated itself from time to time when it was snowing harder

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just had mine working yesterday for the first time with snow, I set mine on low ...I couldn't figure out before what the hell i was doing and I just set it on that i was driving and moisture started to pile up on the window and it cleared it and repeated itself from time to time when it was snowing harder
I set mine one setting before high and it seems to do the same as yours on low. Just watched a video describing how the rain sensing works. If no rain hits that sensor and I presume there is only one sensor and probably small then the wipers do nothing. That would explain what would the best setting be? Your guess would be as good as the next guess. A blunder move on Nissan's technical end I say lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why not turn them off and just use them as intermittent wipers. I personally did this because I was never happy with sensitivity. Either they didn't clear when I wanted them to or they went nuts. I just found it easier to set them back to manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts