Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, do you guys use Rain X on your windows or not or some other product that replicates, whether it's better or not, Rain X?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Rain X makes a great windshield washer fluid that's orange that has the water repellant and it'll melt frost from the windshield too. Get it in any auto isle in any store. The fluid is orange and comes in a gallon jug - can't miss it. I've been putting this in my vehicles for years. Most often, at interstate speeds, I don't even need to use my wipers b/c the water beads up and flies off the windshield. On cold mornings, when there's frost covering the windshield, I simply run the wipers with the washer squirting up on the windshield and it melts it off nearly on contact, so no scraping! One of the best things you can do for your car IMO.

Reactions: paboxcall

·
Registered
758 Posts
I add rain-x directly into my reservoir every time I add ww fluid. Always keeps it on the windshield works great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rain X makes a great windshield washer fluid that's orange that has the water repellant and it'll melt frost from the windshield too. Get it in any auto isle in any store. The fluid is orange and comes in a gallon jug - can't miss it. I've been putting this in my vehicles for years. Most often, at interstate speeds, I don't even need to use my wipers b/c the water beads up and flies off the windshield. On cold mornings, when there's frost covering the windshield, I simply run the wipers with the washer squirting up on the windshield and it melts it off nearly on contact, so no scraping! One of the best things you can do for your car IMO.
This has been my exact same experience. I run the RainX orange fluid year round. Summer time I cut it with some cheap blue washer fluid. Most often don't need to run the wipers at highway speeds. Buddy of mine ran same orange fluid, and his wiper motor died on a trip home from the mountains one afternoon. Having no wiper function was essentially a non-issue because the water just beaded up and off the windshield.

·
Registered
455 Posts
For us, it is Rain-X orange in winter and Rain-X green in Summer for the most part. Have 6X bottles of the Ran-X Summer formula on order from AMZN. They keep pushing the order back, but it is winter now, no hurry; was dirt cheap. However, also try Splash purple/blue winter formula (I get it at Lowes). It is also great. The Prestone yellow also works well in winter. Finally, for interior/exterior glass, lamps, mirrors and the truck camera lenses, I have found that Sprayway glass cleaner is excellent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts