Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found another painter and we talked about some different designs. I rendered one in PS and was wondering what you guys thought. All comments are welcome, love it, hate it, please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Are the insides going to be orange?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anmut said:
Are the insides going to be orange?
No, bright red, Nismo color like the side stripes.

·
Registered
8,579 Posts
Look'n good man. I'd use some flat black for the top of the intake part. The red on the sides looks cool with your Nismo stripe. Go for it!

·
Registered
334 Posts
functional???

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
334 Posts
cool, I ususally think that "hood scoops" are dumb looking, and then when they serve no function it makes it worse. I actually like this one, probably because is it just a small change in hood design. Add to the fact that it is functional it makes it even better.
I say, if you are doing the red stripe down the side of the truck, run the stripe on the sides going into the cowl as well. I would not do the flat black on the top, just keep it the color of the truck.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
06titancrewse said:
I would say go without the red but leave the black section
I kinda wimped out and took the red off. I'll put my Nismo stripe back on the hood for color and also make the previously red areas black as well and I attached the final design photo.

Thanks for the opinions and in the end I ended up with something that I can build on with more custom paint later and no color restrictions because everything goes with black.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
IMO, I think it looks the best with no stripes or black scoop, just a good high gloss paint that matches the rest of the truck. That new hood will then have a nice factory aggressive look to it, not that aftermarket fluff.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I say red 'sides' with silver center, to match the stripe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts