Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not going to speak about the performance of this hood HP wise. I have no real way to measure gains other than at the strip and I have not run it in enough weather conditions to give an accurate accounting of any gains. I know that there are no losses and a pure guess would be between .05 and .1 gained in the quarter. People will ask and that's as much as I know right now. I would give you more information if I could but the performance review will just have to wait.
This is a fine hood though and the two older mechanics that installed it for me remarked as much and one of them is known for making fun of and nit picking most everything. He had worked with lots of glass aftermarket parts before and said that he had never seen something that fit this well out of the box. Another friend of mine that saw it at the track today and builds high dollar race cars said that he had seen metal hoods that did not fit this well or look this good. He asked me how long it took me to get it to fit right and when I told him 2 minutes he looked at me in disbelief. After I told him it was a Suncoast hood he shook his head in approval, smiled and said they make some good hoods and apparently their reputation had preceded me to the drag strip.
I really had to look hard to find fault with this hood and although it does have some inconsistencies in around the edges and some rough edges on the drain holes, it is nothing I wouldn't expect to see in a hood that cost half again as much. For the money, this hood is a steal.
I have not done the flood tests on it yet either but I expect it to pass them with flying colors and I really have nothing bad to say about this hood without just nit picking the heck out of it and I just have no desire to go there. I did take photos of the least attractive bits of it but it is nothing you would notice without really looking and most if not all of it can be smoothed out during the final finishing which is as it should be.
I have showed this hood to many race car builders that regularly work with glass parts and they have all had nothing but complimentary things to say.
Great job Suncoast and thanks for making this hood for the Titan. Thank your tooler and your layup guys because they are all doing a great job. this hood definitely makes my truck look great, is keeping my engine bay cooler and if I am not mistaken, is worth between .05 and .1 in the quarter.

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some of the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and a few more photos

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and the last of the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
konigfritz said:
Nice papa!

what does it look like closed???
There you go man. This thing really is the bomb as far as ram air hoods for the Titan go. I was having a hard time saying bad things and that's usually much easier for me, lol. I was really looking to the track guys to find fault with it but they all just approved unconditionally. I think they are as jaded as anyone when it comes to glass aftermarket parts and they just could not find anything to complain about either. Oh well I guess I'll just have to settle for a near perfect hood, lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rasnake said:
nice hood looks good! when getting it painted?

:haveredfl
Thanks man. I talked to a friend of mine that said he would paint it but maybe not till after Xmas.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FourDoor said:
looks good. Did you get in on that group buy?

Now you just need it painted.
Yes I did and yes I do, lol. This thing is gonna look great painted and I have an extra Nismo stripe to put back on the hood after it's done. I wish I could paint it myself but it's all I can manage to put on some stripes afterward.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Wow! That thing is NICE. You can see how the water would drain down into the lower under section of the hood & drain through those small holes. Oh well, if the corners aren't perfect, that thing is pure function. Thanx for showing pics of the business side of the hood. You can pretty much see how it works. Congrads on your new hood! I'll have one myself soon enough.
-Just ordered a Bruteforce Intake & PowerAid TBS Today. Is it here yet?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gweasel77 said:
Wow! That thing is NICE. You can see how the water would drain down into the lower under section of the hood & drain through those small holes. Oh well, if the corners aren't perfect, that thing is pure function. Thanx for showing pics of the business side of the hood. You can pretty much see how it works. Congrads on your new hood! I'll have one myself soon enough.
-Just ordered a Bruteforce Intake & PowerAid TBS Today. Is it here yet?
Thanks, I think if my truck were black or silver I would consider painting the air inlet screen red. I think that might look good. I can't wait to see this hood on a silver, red or black truck. I think those colors will really show this thing off. For now my truck is deepwater but I may custom paint it eventually and this hood would be a great thing to design some custom paint around on the hood.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
titanss said:
Looks Good. Great review.
Thanks man, it would have been more interesting with some more minuses but I showed all the imperfections in the photos and they aren't many so it was kind of boring. I've had tube socks that didn't fit this well, lol.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
whoooo perfect pics for waht I wanted to see...I likey!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RB's Titan said:
whoooo perfect pics for waht I wanted to see...I likey!
I don't remember posting any pics of girls but I'll have to go back and look, lol.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Papa_D said:
and the last of the photos.
The lines on that look great... I can't wait to see it painted.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts