Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the off road package with the tow hooks and everything and i am thinking about getting the volant intake with the ram air scoop. but it says it goes in the tow hook area so would i have to take mine out or could it fit somwhere else? thanks

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
ya just build your own the volant one doesnt do a thing. it breaks all the rules to build a proper ram air. it condenses down real small in spots and has more than 1 90 degree bend. (you do not want ANY 90* bends.) Not to mention it is WAY over priced

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
ya just build your own the volant one doesnt do a thing. it breaks all the rules to build a proper ram air. it condenses down real small in spots and has more than 1 90 degree bend. (you do not want ANY 90* bends.) Not to mention it is WAY over priced
I rethought this after seeing the intake temps some of these guys are logging. That little fake ram air scoop may be OK for lowering intake air temps. It may be a good option if you don't want to build one and I would like to see intake air temps logged with Cipher before and after.

·
Registered
561 Posts
redrocket16 said:
i have the off road package with the tow hooks and everything and i am thinking about getting the volant intake with the ram air scoop. but it says it goes in the tow hook area so would i have to take mine out or could it fit somwhere else? thanks
The material it's made of is VERY stiff and it won't flex at all, so to answer your question you'll have to take the hook out if you really want it.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
do a search for my ram air mod, i used 4" sewer pvc pipe and took out my washer fluid bottle, i guarntee mine works 100x better than that 200.00 version from volant

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
blackjack 7 said:
did you relocate the washer fluid bottle or just run w/o it??
ran w/o it. Modified it the other day to fit but it makes my truck a mess. gunna ditch the extra weight

blackjack 7 said:
leadsled, are those wheels painted or powdercoated?
Powdercoated semigloss blk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts