Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know there has been plenty of discussion on this topic, but after days of research I am still unabl to find the answer. I have a 2004 Titan 4x4 off road package, that came with some crappy rancho suspention I blew out 30k back! lol anyways what is my best replacment for the best price. I have come to the conclusion that the following is my best option :

F4-BE5-D185-HO Bilstein 5100 Offroad Leveling Unit Nissan Titan
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...stein-5100-Offroad-Leveling-Unit-Nissan-Titan

I only say this because they are adjustable in height. So I may be able to extend them to get the same extended height as my stock rancho's had compared to a stock non O.R. package Titan with shorter shocks.

Maybe there is a different shock that already comes with the shock height my truck was set up for. I beliave the height is 22.25" extended not sure compressed.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have Bilstein HDs and they ride great. I already had the 2" spacers on and didn't want the added height of the 5100s (set on 0 they raise the front 1/2").

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I only say this because they are adjustable in height. So I may be able to extend them to get the same extended height as my stock rancho's had compared to a stock non O.R. package Titan with shorter shocks
I don't think your off-road Titan had any different length shocks than my '04 4X4 LE CC Titan. Your coil springs may have been slightly longer and stiffer but thats it. The Bilstein 5100's are exactly what you want. Set them to the middle setting and you'll be good to go. The rear Bilstein 5100's are not adjustable but will allow up to 1" of lift to be used on your rear suspension without needing longer shocks. The problem is that the bilsteins are on a Nationwide B/O until March or April. They are worth waiting for though and is what i have on all four corners of my Titan. With the front Bilsteins set on the middle like i told you it will give you about 1 1/2" of lift without using any spacers. This will make your truck sit level from front to back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think your off-road Titan had any different length shocks than my '04 4X4 LE CC Titan. Your coil springs may have been slightly longer and stiffer but thats it. The Bilstein 5100's are exactly what you want. Set them to the middle setting and you'll be good to go. The rear Bilstein 5100's are not adjustable but will allow up to 1" of lift to be used on your rear suspension without needing longer shocks. The problem is that the bilsteins are on a Nationwide B/O until March or April. They are worth waiting for though and is what i have on all four corners of my Titan. With the front Bilsteins set on the middle like i told you it will give you about 1 1/2" of lift without using any spacers. This will make your truck sit level from front to back.
thanks for the help. I am actually looking to have a 100% stock settings in the front, to do so would I just adjust the bils to a lower height.
also here is what i know:

This is the stock part I have in my truck now. What is the bils. measurments???

Part Number: R38RS5304 Manufacturer Number: RS5304
RANCHO RS5000 SHOCK ABSORBER, -- 22.25 in. extended length, 16.5 in. collapsed length, Fit Note: 4WD, For Use With Rancho PN[RS6594B] System, 4WD, RWD, For Use With Rancho PN[RS6594B] System, RWD

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I don't actually know what the Bilstein 5100's length is. Mine are installed so it would be kinda hard to measure them. If you use the 5100's on the bottom setting(0") it actually gives you about a 1/2" of lift because the shocks are just slightly longer than stock. It would work just fine for your application. If your not looking to raise it, you might check out the Bilstein HD's instead. I've never used them but have read that they are a great shock and make for a very nice ride. The 5100's are slightly better ride wise but are also a little more expensive than the HD's. The extra 1/2" of lift that you get with the 5100's would really be a non-issue on your Titan. I think it would look better than stock. The 5100's are really designed as a leveling shock so if your not looking to level save yourself some money and get the HD's. The 5100's are on B/O until the middle of March or April. You could probably get the HD's now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't actually know what the Bilstein 5100's length is. Mine are installed so it would be kinda hard to measure them. If you use the 5100's on the bottom setting(0") it actually gives you about a 1/2" of lift because the shocks are just slightly longer than stock. It would work just fine for your application. If your not looking to raise it, you might check out the Bilstein HD's instead. I've never used them but have read that they are a great shock and make for a very nice ride. The 5100's are slightly better ride wise but are also a little more expensive than the HD's. The extra 1/2" of lift that you get with the 5100's would really be a non-issue on your Titan. I think it would look better than stock. The 5100's are really designed as a leveling shock so if your not looking to level save yourself some money and get the HD's. The 5100's are on B/O until the middle of March or April. You could probably get the HD's now.
Thanks for the advise!
called bils they told me what places did not order more for the new shipment and they told me two stores:

eshocks.com
shox.com

Called shox.com

I ordered two #BE5-D185-H0 FRONT Shocks, He has 4 more fronts left and 2 rears! I paid $227.00 after tax w/ free shipping. He said I should get them tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I ordered two #BE5-D185-H0 FRONT Shocks, He has 4 more fronts left and 2 rears! I paid $227.00 after tax w/ free shipping. He said I should get them tomorrow
Good deal. You'll love 'em once they are installed. They are a very quality looking shock and perform even better. If you like the way your truck sits now just go with the bottom setting. Like i said, you'll geta 1/2" of lift from the bottom setting anyway. If you want to level it off go with the middle setting and it will actually give you about a 1 1/2" of lift. The more you raise the setting on the shock the more your ride will suffer. Mine are on the middle setting and i still think my truck rides great. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What is the difference from the off road package and non-off road? For the front struts. I want to get the complete strut with the coil spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts