Nissan Titan Forum banner

Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire DTC

20K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Tyrone456 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have an '09 CC XE with a little over 10k miles. I recently added an S&B CAI to go along with the Bully Dog Power Pup and Flowmaster exhausts. My service engine light came on while coming home from work. I hooked up the BDPP and it said Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire. It doesn't feel like there is a misfire, the truck feels as normal as always while driving there is no shaking or any bouncing. I reset the tune to Stock with the BDPP and the light went off,...so I set it back to the Regular tune which is what it was on before. About three days after retuning the SES light is on again. I checked it and it said Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire again. What could be going on? I don't really have time to take it to the dealership because my working hours are the same as the dealer hours. Could the CAI possibly be throwing the code? It was installed about 2 weeks ago with no problems in the first 7-10 days. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Check your CAI clamps and hoses to make sure they're on tight with no leaks, gaps, holes, etc. If you have a leak after the MAF then your engine will be running lean, this will make it more prone to a lean misfire condition.

#3 ·
I recall someone having a problem with the truck bogging down after installing an S&B intake. Try going back to stock if you cant find any problems with the clamps etc. If going back to stock solves the problem, you know it was the intake.

#4 ·
P0300 Multiple cylinder misfire

Possible cause:

* Improper spark plug
* Insufficient compression
* Incorrect fuel pressure
* The injector circuit is open or shorted
* Fuel injectors may be faulty
* Intake air leak
* The ignition signal circuit is open or shorted
* Lack of fuel
* Drive plate or flywheel
* Front heated oxygen sensor may be faulty

I would check the intake first and go from there

#8 ·
i cleaned my MAF sensor and my P0300 went away, been a couple of days now.
my truck just hit 1111 miles today. all i got is a stillen intake, but i think i might have over oiled my filter. a little cleaning took care of it.
good luck on your codes.
That's why I like a dry filter.

#10 ·
I have an AEM Brute Force it's dry. I don't know if an AEM filter fits the Stillen intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.