Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very happy with it. When I ordered it I asked them to make sure it fit a single cab truck. But they never checked until it arrived. They told me to at least try it out since they'd be stuck paying the repackaging fee. So now I've discovered the space right behind the cab is perfect for putting bulkier packages that won't fit inside the drawers and that I don't want sliding around in the bed. The drawers themselves work great and now I don't mind going in to town even during holidays because I can put things in the drawers without worrying about prying eyes when I'm away from the truck. They are deep and long and very useful for a variety of items. Now if I could find a way to activate the front parking lights as DRLs I'd be all set.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tristan,

I wired up my fog lights as DRL lights with a switch and H11 wires from Amazon. They stay on anytime the truck starts but can be turned off manually by the switch if needed. Let me know if that would interest you and I’ll look to see how I wired mine and let you know, it’s been a little while since I’ve done it.

Mitch

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that would definitely interest me! Probably many others with SV grade Titans as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I will get you guys something posted up this coming week. I totally forgot about this. I’ll get it done for you and shoot you a pm letting you know I got it posted.

Thanks for the reminder- sorry about being absent minded.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get you guys something posted up this coming week. I totally forgot about this. I’ll get it done for you and shoot you a pm letting you know I got it posted.

Thanks for the reminder- sorry about being absent minded.
Thought I'd check in. I can't do this kind of work myself so I'd use your post to show my guy how to go about doing it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I Bought 2 pig tail ends for H11 fog light connectors (male ends) You can get these off Amazon for around $10. I got Some wire I think it was 14 gauge 25 ft will be plenty. And a fog light switch with a 3 prong connector on the back for the wire connections , also a inline fuse to go into the wire from the fuse panel to the switch. (10 or 15 amp)
I connected into the fuse location at the top right side of the fuse panel in the glove box. I want to say it was the blower or wiper motor fuse (10amp). I just put the wire on one side of the fuse. if I recall correctly it was the left. Set the wire in the side and reinstalll the fuse so the wire is between the fuse and side to connect. Run the wire along the inside of the firewall under the carpet over to where the switch locations are on the left side of the steering wheel. Run another wire from that area through the firewall into the engine Bay Area. I went through the steering shaft rubber grommet area. Just make sure to put some electrical tape wrapped around the wire quite a few times where it will be squeezed between the rubber grommet and the metal hole, don’t want to short it out.
On the switch connect one wire from the fuse box to one prong, add a wire for the ground into another prong and connect the wire going out through the firewall to the last prong connector. Run the through firewall wire down to one side (hot) of the H11 pigtail and add a jumper wire to get to the other fog light area and the other pig tail wire to ground. You then can run the jumper wire over to the other H11 connector and the again with that other wire on the pig tail to ground. Each pigtail should have a hot source wire and a ground wire connected. Plug them into the fog lights and your done. Now with the switch in the on position the fog lights will come on any time the truck is started and go off when its shut down. The switch is there in case you ever want to turn them off for any reason. I have mine hooked up like this for daytime running lights and leave the switch on. Not only will this work as daytime running lights but the fogs stay on with your high beams also.
try each side of the fuse with the wire (left and right side) I think the left side was switched, meaning one side of the fuse is always hot and one side comes on when the truck is started. If you put it on the side that stays hot of course the fogs will be lit all the time even when the truck is off.Work at your own pace and risk level you feel comfortable with. Some don’t like to bug the fuse like this and will want to add “a tap a fuse” thingy, that’s perfectly fine to do it that way as well just really not necessary. Do at your own risk you are messing with hot electrical connections, dont get hurt, just take your time with it.

i think I have it all covered. Super simple just maybe a couple hours of time and maybe $25 total in all the material and drinks.
mitch

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for this. Really appreciate it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts