Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem going on with the truck. It's getting a VERY distint metallic rattle (metal on metal) coming from it at 2,000'ish RPMs. Any higher and it's not there. It's also very intermittent and doesn't happen all the time. I was able to reproduce the sound in Park but it's most likely to happen with a load on the engine.

The first person to say "Exhaust manifold cracked/defect" is going to be ignored. Only because I HOPE that's it's not the problem since the damn truck only has 26k miles on it!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all of the skid-plates and also catalytic converter heat shields and non mimic the sound when being hit with a rubber mallet. Buuuuut.. I'll be dremeling the heat-shields off in a day or so to remove them as a culprit. Unfortunately after reading another 5-6 threads with people who have had a similar sound.. the problem is looking more like the cats themselves. :(

·
Registered
686 Posts
Should still be a warranty covered problem if it's the cats????

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Im pretty sure cats are covered under the federal emissions 8yr/80K warranty. On my old truck, the core of my cat came loose and would rattle at certain rpms.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine was the skid plate. I bottomed it out a couple times and bent it up. I just pulled on it to bend it back down and that fixed the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts