Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is no pavement princess. I'm actually pretty hard on my trucks living in sportsman paradise. I took the truck down a bumpy flooded road and after I got out I noticed a rattle under the driver floor board when I hit little bumps in the road.. I can heard it and fell it under my feet... I have bumped on and shook on everything under the truck and I can not for the life of me figure out what it is... Yall have any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Man, it's hard to say what that might be. Is it a constant rattle, or does it come and go? Also, you feel the rattle directly under your feet on the floor board, or is it more left, right, fwd, or aft of the center of the floor board?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have the same issue. I searched the other day and found a thread for it. He claimed it was the lower control arm shock mount. He said the bolt that connects the shock to the lower control arm starts to "wallow" out a larger opening and move around. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Have you checked the exhaust manifold heat shields and the skid plate?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
^^^agreed. I have had all sorts of rattles. My skid plate loosened up and caused some. My exhaust heat shields have caused some. Rocks in my fuel take skid plate caused some.

·
Registered
174 Posts
After you check your heat shields and skid plates I'd check your transmission mount to see if its broken. PRG sells a decent replacement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts