Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I get to 65-80 and slow down to 15mph or especially when I stop I hear this rattle sound. I can put it into neutral and it stops, but once I put it back in drive I hear the sound again.

Any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
367 Posts
More than likely it's the heat shield. Tons of people have this issue including me. Taking my T into the dealer tomorrow for a bunch of work including this. I'll post what they find.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I would say heat shield as well. my drivers side was rattling a lot .. it was the heat shield that actually wrapped around the b-pipes .. I stuck a screw driver in one of the gaps and was able to get it to go away by prying at it .. I had no clue which direction to pry but it worked. Also have a more recent rattle that is being caused by my screw down exhaust tip from autozone. Just needed to be tightened a little bit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinkin the exact same thing. i guess that's what it is haha.

but yes let me know!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I had the same problems, tried to wiggle all the heat shields, nothing budged a mm. So i started to just grab the exhaust and shake it, turns out my bracket freely moved up and down about 1/8 of an inch, which rattled and was very annoying. Two hose clamps and 5 min later, i was rattle free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts