Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this little tinging rattling noise kinda sound comin from my truck, it normally makes that noise when im cruising at a low speed like between 20-30 mph.... It sounds like a rattling sheet metal kinda sound, I wa thinking it's probably a heat shield or sumthin but I looked under the truck and I couldnt see anything really that was loose.. The heat shrouds around the cats are really flexible but I'm no too sure if that would vibe high enuff to make that noise.

And it only makes this noise when I'm going low speeds like thru a parking lot...and it's really quick like maybe a 1-2 second tinging then it's gone when I speed up...any ideas of what it could be.?? I guess I'll know a lil more when I get it up on a lift...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have the same issue, except mine happens at idle. i think it is a loose baffle in the muffler. i have secured or removed every heat sheild on the truck, packed around all of the skid plates with foam pipe insulation, checked all the exhaust hangers, taped down the licence plate and i still have the rattle. i got under the truck and it sounded like it was comming from the muffler. i want to replace it but it has been raining here for 19 days straight now and i dont have a garage. i'll let you know when i do

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the same issue, except mine happens at idle. i think it is a loose baffle in the muffler. i have secured or removed every heat sheild on the truck, packed around all of the skid plates with foam pipe insulation, checked all the exhaust hangers, taped down the licence plate and i still have the rattle. i got under the truck and it sounded like it was comming from the muffler. i want to replace it but it has been raining here for 19 days straight now and i dont have a garage. i'll let you know when i do
Yeh I hear ya on the weather...thanks man and likewise I will update this too if I find the prob!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I had this problem on my old truck. Turns out the guts inside my passenger cat came loose and would rattle around. Hopefully this helps you find the problem.

Sean

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this problem on my old truck. Turns out the guts inside my passenger cat came loose and would rattle around. Hopefully this helps you find the problem.

Sean
Thanks man! I'll look into that! Every idea counts!

·
Registered
383 Posts
You can always get under the truck and hit things with a rubber mallet. Do you have the Off Road w/ skid plates? I found that rocks and even snail shells get thrown up there and rattle when going slow or/and at idle. Mine rattles now, and from bumping the one of the bullets, I know it's the welds inside of it that's making the noise.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can always get under the truck and hit things with a rubber mallet. Do you have the Off Road w/ skid plates? I found that rocks and even snail shells get thrown up there and rattle when going slow or/and at idle. Mine rattles now, and from bumping the one of the bullets, I know it's the welds inside of it that's making the noise.
Yeh I have a skid plate...I removed it a while back and nuthin was in there...but ya know now that u mention it...I did drop a 10mm short socket like a month or two ago and I couldnt find it..I figured it was probably in there sumwhere...but when I removed the plate there wasn't anything there...and it never made that sound until I lost that damn socket! It's still gunna take me a while to locate it being that I have no clue where it is! I hope that's what it is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts