Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not downing RBP's products but pics dont lie. I started small and this is what I got when i ordered a hitch cover for $52.60.....

rbp4.jpg

rbp2.jpg

I asked if they could discount it some since it looked beat up andthey replied the best they could do is send me a free license plate and this is what I got.....

2010-12-17_12-54-51_349.jpg

2010-12-17_12-54-33_263.jpg

2010-12-17_12-54-05_752.jpg

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The hitch scratches is nothing I would not complaint.. But for the price they charge for their products you would assume they would ship it better ... Just bad costumer service they probably spend $5 on s/h for the license plate instead of giving you a $5-10 discount

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
send it back ask for your money back

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hitch scratches is nothing I would not complaint.. But for the price they charge for their products you would assume they would ship it better ... Just bad costumer service they probably spend $5 on s/h for the license plate instead of giving you a $5-10 discount
It was really in how I received it overall as in 1st impressions.The 1st thing I noticed was the plastic it came in was tore up like someone ripped it out altered & then returned it so I was a little upset and then it had grease all over it. Next I noticed all 4 corners were grinded down which looks like the grinder went into the back plate pretty deep and b/c it took off the powder coat its flaking and peeling. Come to find out their manufacturer messed up the size not allowing them to fit hitches and they were getting a lot of returns so they admitted grinding all of them down to not loose money.

send it back ask for your money back
I figured with shipping it back they would gladly just discount it some but refused and said they would send me a $20 plate. looks like i got their throw aways or it happened in the mail in which case my state tags never looked like that when they came in the mail and / or the metal is super thin not worth 20.

I like their wheels, don't like their grilles, and don't care for their high prices. Wayyyy over priced products, in my opinion.
I figured if a hitch cover or plate cost that much then its well made and I could justify it but I paid a good amount for a hitch cover and got a grinded up, greased down cover with chunks missing out of it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
they probably thought you were being petty, since the nicks are on the BACK of the HITCH COVER.? Whats the front look like? Are you still going to advertise for them?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
hurry up and pos again! you have 666 posts! lol. dont know why i noticed that

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they probably thought you were being petty, since the nicks are on the BACK of the HITCH COVER.? Whats the front look like? Are you still going to advertise for them?
I'm sure they did and to some degree I guess I am but IMO hitch covers dont cost that much and I'm ok that they ask what they do but it better be perfect for that price...lol Even a .99 cent hamburger would loose its luster if when you ordered it, the guy behind the counter slung it on a tray in frt of you with no wrapping and it had ketchup flowing out the sides and the bun had missing parts out of it.....lol I think what bothered me was just how I received it overall. It looked like it was rolled down the road and had grease all over it.

hurry up and pos again! you have 666 posts! lol. dont know why i noticed that
whew....667....good eye.

·
Registered
369 Posts
+1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I buy something NEW. It better be NEW, not new enough, or new to me.

or it should have been advertised as manufact. defect and discounted before the sale.

Reactions: BBtruck

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Their high prices along with their use of the stupidly large product logo on everything turned me off.

Nightstalker I totally agree...it better look and be new.

L

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Not a fan of rbp at all, satxtitan lists my reasons why above.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the RBP step bars. Got them for a fair price (around $350 I believe) and they arrived in great condition and have been holding up great.

Having said that, I would be frustrated as heck with the above pictures and issues. I honestly never thought I'd buy from them, but wanted the N-Fab style step bars, minus the rust. Got them from truckaddons.com much cheaper than would have thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts