Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trying to build a replica RBP style grille with the mesh and the bolts and frame with some type of emblem such as a monster energy M or may be a KMC rockstar logo, I have got sum ideas with building the frame and mesh grille and bolts around the frame and an emblem. I figuring that it take about three weeks or so for a mock up and a prototype but i was testing the waters if anyone would be interested in buying one and what it would be worth and if it would be feasible to make them for the general public...and the second thing was if there anyone that lives around me Tupelo MS if they wanna help me...I got a good plan going and can update yall as I proceed with this project..

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Sounds sweet. Im interested. I was actually going to talk to some shops by my house to see about making me something like those grills but keep it cheap and affordable and help him get some business from TT. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is exciting to me!! I might be interested.........keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i would definately be interested if the price was right and you could add custom color to it! keep us posted and let us know whats up.

Reactions: urthemaster

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok I'm glad I have people interested. Here's the plan I'm cut a frame out fiberglass it and then line x or rubberixing spray it so give some ideas on mesh y'all would like or any grille material that is flexible and open and paintable. Also give some ideas on bolts y'all would like and emblems or anything else post some links if you find any I'm still working on my plans n sketches as if I wouldn't ride with it on my ride I would not expect no one else too..I'm relaxing tonight n tossing ideas around..

I have fiberglassed body kits before but never with something straight custom like this and one off so it may take some time to get this done..but I know how hard money is come by n just want make sumn nice for ppl that they can afford..

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I'll take mine in all black.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i would want it black with the studs around the outside and an orange border, then the rockstar wheels star to match my wheels, but orange. if that makes any sense haha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay here's what I have come up with. I'm using small anadoized bolts spaced 1 inch apart. I don't know if you can paint over that bed liner stuff I think you can get it in different colors but I'm not sure..check on that if you don't mind..as I going do the first one in all black murdered out. Find a style of grille that y'all would like and here's my ball park guess on price on these before starting.
FRAMES ALL 3 TOP ONES FRAMES,FIBERGLASSED,ROUTED,AND DURA COATED $120
GRILL MATERIAL CHEAPEST I FOUND IS LIKE 50 BUCKS
BOLTS 20BUCKS
MOUNTING HARWARE 25 DOLLARS
EMBLEM PRICE WILL VARY DEPENDING ON WHAT IT IS AND WHAT WORK WILL HAVE TO BE DONE
WITHOUT AN EMBLEM IT PROLLY BE AROUND 275 DOLLARS WHICH IS WAY BELOW THE 800.00 RBP PRICE

·
Registered
501 Posts
I saw some all black mesh ones on eBay for 120 shipped. Could just add bolts and logo if you want

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw some all black mesh ones on eBay for 120 shipped. Could just add bolts and logo if you want
I would like doing it wit that but I would like to know if its structural integrity would be breached wit all the drilling it would require and if it would flex or break and what is the thickness of the plastic and find link for the one you found for 120 dollar one..

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would like doing it wit that but I would like to know if its structural integrity would be breached wit all the drilling it would require and if it would flex or break and what is the thickness of the plastic and find link for the one you found for 120 dollar one..
item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190520564547&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=58485964508

Actually 157 but not seems like good quality

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Find someone with one on the forum or see if you can get seller to take a pic of the back of it and give you a thickness measurement of it...it could work...I am pricing some bolts today also get a width measurement of the plastic trim and I'm get a piece ABS n see how much it can take of drilling to that spec..

·
Registered
795 Posts
item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=190520564547&index=5&nav=SEARCH&nid=58485964508

Actually 157 but not seems like good quality
The screws dont have to be big, or at least big enough to compromise the integrity of the grille. getting the grille for $157 and $15 in bolts/screws at the hardware store seems the best way to go. i bet it would look pretty sick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The screws dont have to be big, or at least big enough to compromise the integrity of the grille. getting the grille for $157 and $15 in bolts/screws at the hardware store seems the best way to go. i bet it would look pretty sick
I be willing to try that after I get back from my Panama trip I leave in bout 24 hours. I think it will be okay if I drill pilot holes and then drill em out to ease some of the stress.. Lets keep this going ppl this will be sticking it to RBP we can make one for 200 dollars..

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Subscribed to see this become reality... It's always good to see the small peeps sticking it to the big peeps, since they think they can charge outrageous $ for a product that can be duplicated with a bit of will, tenacity, and creativity... I know the RC Grills are pricey too, but for a full SS grill that is half the cost of a RBP grill, I jumped on the bandwagon... check it out, and my post of the RC GB thread is not meant to draw people away from this project, but if you are willing to invest the $, might as well get something metal, I'm on the wagon... (and will get it into my insurance coverage as a customized item w/ 0 deductible too).
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy...lle-group-buy-killer-grilles-killer-deal.html

·
Registered
795 Posts
I be willing to try that after I get back from my Panama trip I leave in bout 24 hours. I think it will be okay if I drill pilot holes and then drill em out to ease some of the stress.. Lets keep this going ppl this will be sticking it to RBP we can make one for 200 dollars..
If i didnt love my black billet grille this grille situation would be solved already! I might have to sneak a few hundo out of the bank account to try this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Can you make custom emblems too to mount on people's existing mesh grills? I have a grillcraft mesh grill and was thinking about like a monster symbol but in red?

·
Registered
795 Posts
that would depend on how strong the mesh is. Im hoping its stronger than the stillen one that everyone says looks great but sags over time.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Their website says "it's made of their exclusive steel mesh pattern design along with their micro-frame design" and from what I can tell seems very sturdy

1 - 20 of 81 Posts