Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my 3 inch lift from RC and had a sale for 10% off so i got it out the door for $260 shipped... hopefully will install next weekend..will post pictures as soon as i got it up and running...

tried to call PRG but no one answered and well it was them or RC so I'll cross fingers all goes well.. now just need to get the tires for it since mine are spinning like mad 285/60/18....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cool. I have 05 2wd, but will put 2" or 3" lift so looking forward to seeing what your's looks like and how you feel RC is made. I want to keep stock rims though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
you also need endlinks from prg

·
Registered
777 Posts
From what I have been reading sounds like Greg might have fallen off the face of the earth....I never had any problems with them but who knows.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to yank the endlinks/swaybar and see how I like it.. I need to get this on ASAP as I need tires for it like yesterday.Spinning like a maddog in the snow lol.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I wouldn't unhook the swaybar without SAW's or radflo's up front. It'll probably be REAL squirrely and lean horrible in turns and possibly to the point of being dangerous. The only people I've ever seen unhook it for everyday driving are people with coilovers. I doubt you'll need to unhook them or need the aftermarket ones though. There's been other guys on here run that same kit and not need them. They'll be close to flipping though but should be fine. And yeah Greg can be very hard to get ahold of sometimes but I think it's worth the wait because he's a really nice and VERY helpful guy.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I don't have coilovers or my swaybar and I love the way my truck drives . I even have pulled a loaded trailer doing 75-80mph on mountain curves with no issues. I say try it for yourself and see what you think don't listen to just me or people that haven't even tried it but can say its dangerous ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i plan on trying it. cant hurt, i drive for a living so its all good i know what is safe and whats not when it comes to my driving.. i figure that if nothing else ill drive like that for 2 weeks until i get my paycheck and then get them if i need them... are 325/65/18 to big of tires? or should i just stick to like 275/70/18? i have 285/60/18 right now

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I would go with the 275/70r18's ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k got the lift installed today and all i can say is wow what a difference it made..i will post some pictures of it tomorrow but dang i need larger tires now lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yet to get the tires this is with the 285/60/18 tires sorry the truck is dirty will get better ones after i get my tires..

impressions: i love how it sits now and this is how it should have came in the start..

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you also need endlinks from prg
the instructions state that it includes them and i have them on the way but so far on the road and freeway and driving like a mad dog today due to emergency everything went perfect..
Item #
Description
Qty Ordered
Qty Shipped
Back Ordered
Unit Price
Total Price

TITAN FR SWAY BAR LNK
$0.00
$0.00

862BAG3
SWAY BAR LINK BAG
$0.00
$0.00

Cool. I have 05 2wd, but will put 2" or 3" lift so looking forward to seeing what your's looks like and how you feel RC is made. I want to keep stock rims though.
as for quality personaly when i took out the parts i was impressed with the arms and the hardware that attaches to them. as for the spacers they look like they will hold up pretty well but i much rather see a block that is solid like a PRG one less chances of breaking IMO..i want to jack the truck up to see how my UCA's clearence is.

·
Registered
573 Posts
the instructions state that it includes them and i have them on the way but so far on the road and freeway and driving like a mad dog today due to emergency everything went perfect..
Item #
Description
Qty Ordered
Qty Shipped
Back Ordered
Unit Price
Total Price

TITAN FR SWAY BAR LNK
$0.00
$0.00

862BAG3
SWAY BAR LINK BAG
$0.00
$0.00

as for quality personaly when i took out the parts i was impressed with the arms and the hardware that attaches to them. as for the spacers they look like they will hold up pretty well but i much rather see a block that is solid like a PRG one less chances of breaking IMO..i want to jack the truck up to see how my UCA's clearence is.

weird i'm almost sure not one other person got endlinks with there kit. Anyways if you wanna "jack it up" anymore than 3" and you will have to get the PRG endlinks anyways. If not youll see why soon.:bangit:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

The links in the picture?

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nevermind I found it, Looks like they updated the instructions for the kit and not the webpage pictures.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats what im talking about ill post pictures of them when i get them on the 8th.....

now that i have drove the truck for a few days and put about 200 miles on it so far i have noticed a few things differnt then how it was befor...
1. when you make a turn it seems alot easier to do so. thats for sure dont know why..
2. when you step on the throttle you can tell the weight transfer alot compared to befor the rear end now sinks a little bit. i didnt feel that befor. kind of like it but still debating on installing a block in the rear to get very little rake back to stop this or and better shocks..
3. i have yet to get the swaybar to flip even with my stock endlinks and i have been trying by driving hard into a driveway on a turn pretty quick and going around turns faster then normal and took it out today in the mud up a small hill at my work and nothing so who knows...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts