Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm done installing my Rough Country 6" lift, 35x12.5x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and bedlining my rims

It took me three days to install the lift in my garage at home with my wife's help. The rims took a full two days which was mostly sanding/prep work. First I started with 180 grit and it seemed too fine so I switched to 120 and it was perfect. I went to the car wash today and they withstood a pressure washer with no problems. Thank God.

I sprayed all of the bolts a few days ahead of time with PB blaster and they were still a royal pain to remove. I have air tools, but still couldn't get some of them loose. It took a breaker bar and a lot of swearing

It was a very time consuming project and my whole body hurts but it was sooo worth it. First time I've ever installed a lift.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Looks great man! Nice and clean look. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'm done installing my Rough Country 6" lift, 35x12.5x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers and bedlining my rims

It took me three days to install the lift in my garage at home with my wife's help. The rims took a full two days which was mostly sanding/prep work. First I started with 180 grit and it seemed too fine so I switched to 120 and it was perfect. I went to the car wash today and they withstood a pressure washer with no problems. Thank God.

I sprayed all of the bolts a few days ahead of time with PB blaster and they were still a royal pain to remove. I have air tools, but still couldn't get some of them loose. It took a breaker bar and a lot of swearing

It was a very time consuming project and my whole body hurts but it was sooo worth it. First time I've ever installed a lift.
Looks good. How does it ride? You like the trails?

·
Registered
777 Posts
That looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ya buddy!!!! love the rc setup...welcome to the club...great work on the install yourself...where did you order the lift from, direct from rough country's website?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good. How does it ride? You like the trails?
Rides really good actually. I was anticipating needing to upgrade coilovers but I'm really happy with everything as is. The tires are awesome. They handle great and aren't nearly as loud as I expected them to be.

There is definitely something satisfying about completing projects yourself

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya buddy!!!! love the rc setup...welcome to the club...great work on the install yourself...where did you order the lift from, direct from rough country's website?
Thanks man. I ordered it from Top Gun Customz. At first I submitted an offer $1,150 shipped through them on Ebay. They told me they could give me that price if I ordered from them directly so I did. Topguncustomz.com

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
strong work...i know sometimes rc will do promotions on there website...i was scrollin through it the other day and the new tundra lift looks sick...i wish they would update the titan lift and put the better shocks and upgraded stuff in our kits as well

·
Registered
979 Posts
Looks great man! Nice work, i can dig the whole body hurt thing i just did my body lift with my buddy and it took us right around 33 hours or so. I'm doin the bedline stuff soon myself, once it warms up enough in mass to dry right.

-Dave

·
Registered
603 Posts
great looking rig!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great man! Nice work, i can dig the whole body hurt thing i just did my body lift with my buddy and it took us right around 33 hours or so. I'm doin the bedline stuff soon myself, once it warms up enough in mass to dry right.

-Dave
Thanks dude. That's about how long it took me. I feel like I could cut the time in half to install the lift if I did it again though. Amazing how much you learn about the anatomy of our trucks installing a lift.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
boss hoggin!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks dude. That's about how long it took me. I feel like I could cut the time in half to install the lift if I did it again though. Amazing how much you learn about the anatomy of our trucks installing a lift.
Yeah i could knock it out way faster now, no ones working on my truck any more. I was pretty ticked off the whole damn time but it was a really good learning experience.

-Dave

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks awesome. Good job man. Can't wait to get my damn lift. That's if 4wheel ever ships it. Lol! Ordered the procomp but almost wishin I would of just ordered the RC kit and saved a few hundred. Oh well. Hoping I can get the lift done in about 5hrs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks awesome. Good job man. Can't wait to get my damn lift. That's if 4wheel ever ships it. Lol! Ordered the procomp but almost wishin I would of just ordered the RC kit and saved a few hundred. Oh well. Hoping I can get the lift done in about 5hrs.
Man my lift took almost a month to ship. I ordered it from Top Gun but it shipped straight from Rough Country and they were out of stock. Then when the damn thing came the knuckles weren't in there. I don't know how you forget to ship two of the biggest parts. But they didn't give me a problem shipping them out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Woohoo!!! Just got an email that they shipped. Lol. Can't wait. I'll post pics up as soon as I get this thing on. Lol. I'll be pissed if there is parts missing. I've heard that from a few people that bought the RC kits. Hope my procomp comes complete. That's Rediculus for them to screw up orders.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Wow, that looks awesome! I love the stance.

I have been thinking about a Pro Comp Lift, but your pics have me reconsidering.

What are the benefits and drawbacks between the Pro Comp and Rough Country kits?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts