Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't use the supplied instructions as they are pretty much worthless...

I used the frame lift at the RPM Center to make things easier.

First I removed both front tires.

Then I removed the spindle cotter pins and nuts.

I tied off the spindles to the coil spring with a dirty shop towel.

Then I removed the upper bolts and nuts on the UCAs and remove them.

I performed the above steps in reverse order with RC UCAs, and no grinding was required as per instructions. I was happy about that!

Pretty straight forward, only had one snag on the driverside where I had to remove one nut on the brake line and move it out of the way to get one of the top bolts out of the UCA. This can be seen in the pics below.

The bumpstops were super simple. I did not even have to drill out the hole to make it bigger, they were already the right size so "that was easy".

I also picked up a 1 dollar clamp from Ace Hardware for the brake line on the back axle, now I just need the E Brake bracket when Chas gets ahold of some, and that will be complete.

Front suspension is done for now! I have to say that suspension work is not my favorite thing to do but it is non the less rewarding when its complete.

I also swapped over to a larger oil filter too (NAPA Gold 1568). Much better and I feel like and I feel like I have a V8 oil filter now! 7 QTs of Mobile 1 5W30 full synthetic.

My next big job to tackle is to get this big ole header box gone and put on my JBA LTHs once I get to the east coast end of this month, begining of December...

On to the pics:

Right side, NO MORE CBC!

Brakeline on driverside that had to be removed to get the bolt out

ES Bumpstops

Oil Change old filter compared to new filter
Proper crush washer orientation:

Plenty of clearance all around:

And the brakeline bracket I picked up from Ace:

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
jesus i can't believe that filter fits up in there lol. Might have to step up to one of those next time.

Good install on the UCAs and bumpstop.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Milenko! Ya I eyeballed it in the Napa parking lot, Napa guy let me take it out to the truck to see if it would fit or not. It still has plenty of room all the way around it, plus it looks like it was meant to be there instead of that tiny azz sh!t that Nissan has OEM wise...

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Looks good! Suspension work is the best!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! Suspension work is the best!
thanks bud! lol I guess I am lil burned out on all the front end work I have done over the last month...

I'll probably say the same after the headers install :teethmast

Time for a front end alignment now and she will be ready to cross the country to the east coast!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Are there any drawbacks or issues to consider when adding a larger filter? Maybe the check valve is different? Pressure changes due to larger volume? Oil pressure sending unit or pump issues?

Sent using this buggy crash-friendly app.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my oil pressure is fine.

see my post here for technical data on both:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...n-other-nissan-cars-trucks-2.html#post2916646

Napa Gold 1358, OEM replacement:
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI:8
Max Flow Rate: 8-10 GPM
The bypass valve rate is twice the oem, this imo is best. The flow rate is a bit higher which again imo is best because oil will pump a little bit faster than oem rate.

Napa Gold Oversized replacement:
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI:16
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
my oil pressure is fine.

see my post here for technical data on both:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...n-other-nissan-cars-trucks-2.html#post2916646

Napa Gold 1358, OEM replacement:

The bypass valve rate is twice the oem, this imo is best. The flow rate is a bit higher which again imo is best because oil will pump a little bit faster than oem rate.

Napa Gold Oversized replacement:
Doesn't sound like this filter is a good replacement for me for several reasons. I'll pass. Thanks for the info.

Sent using this buggy crash-friendly app.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thanks for the filter pic. Ill go with it in the T and the sentra when time comes...

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Cool I'll have to check this filter (napa) out and run it. I use mobil 1 0w-40 EP. That's GTR blood lol.

Awesome writeup KDO2milger, btw, what does ur screenname mean?

·
Registered
760 Posts
When u installed the rc ucas did it come with a silver washer between the nut and the ball joint? An if so did u use it? I couldn't tell from your pics

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When u installed the rc ucas did it come with a silver washer between the nut and the ball joint? An if so did u use it? I couldn't tell from your pics

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
the silver washers did come with mine but I did not use them...the threaded bolt was not long enough to accommodate them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts