Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: 3 months and 3,000 miles . . . and I still love my Titan . . . Carr hoop question

Thanks everyone for your help in deciding to go with the Titan vs. other trucks . . . 3 months and 3,000 miles in and I still love getting in and firing up this truck . . . and it was a night and day difference in towing the snowmobiles this year vs. towing with my old 4Runner.

In any case, my vertically challenged wife has to keep hopping down from the truck and she struggles a bit getting into the truck (and this is a stock, not lifted truck) . . . I really don't like the look of the round or oval nerf bars or running boards (old man truck accessory).

At this point I am leaning towards the pricey NFab nerf bar . . . but was wondering if anyone has gone with the less expensive Carr hoops . . . and if so did you like them or not?

I do know I've got to do something . . . before my poor wife jumps down and sprains an ankle. ;) :)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: 3 months and 3,000 miles . . . and I still love my Titan . . . Carr hoop question

Thanks everyone for your help in deciding to go with the Titan vs. other trucks . . . 3 months and 3,000 miles in and I still love getting in and firing up this truck . . . and it was a night and day difference in towing the snowmobiles this year vs. towing with my old 4Runner.

In any case, my vertically challenged wife has to keep hopping down from the truck and she struggles a bit getting into the truck (and this is a stock, not lifted truck) . . . I really don't like the look of the round or oval nerf bars or running boards (old man truck accessory).

At this point I am leaning towards the pricey NFab nerf bar . . . but was wondering if anyone has gone with the less expensive Carr hoops . . . and if so did you like them or not?

I do know I've got to do something . . . before my poor wife jumps down and sprains an ankle. ;) :)
I've never had the hoops on the Titan (have on other cars), but I have had two different types of nerf bars and running boards on my Titans and the kind I have now - one long flat step, as opposed to the two step pad bars - makes it easiest to get in and out. My wife hated riding in the truck until I put them on, now it's just like walking up the steps.

IMO I don't think the running boards make it look "old man" :huh: . They're really handy, too, when you're trying to wash or wax the roof.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Re: 3 months and 3,000 miles . . . and I still love my Titan . . . Carr hoop question

I had the carr hoops on my old lifted F250, they were just fine and served their purpose, my wife is vertically challenged too! The only issue with the Hoops is you have to look and make sure your foot is coming down in the right spot or you miss. I have the oval OEM steps on the new truck. After we made the deal, my wife told the dealer he had to throw them in or she wouldn't let me buy the truck. I do like the fact that I can use the step wherever I need to reach the top of the truck. It's all in what you like the looks of best. They certainly are a lot less expensive.

·
Registered
979 Posts

Im 6' 7" and my titan is lifted (no step bars) and i can put my *** right on the seat lol. My girl is like 5' 5" and she doesnt have much problem lol. I do have my stock chrome step bars for sale, theyre for a king cab. Let me know if thats what your looking for.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts