Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if Nissan makes & sells factory headers?

If I go with aftermarket headers will it affect my warranty?

·
Registered
51 Posts
They do not ship with an O2 emulator either. That means that the check engine light will come on and unless you have a scangauge of some kind to constantly monitor the system, you will not know if another problem arises.

But BBF is correct, anything with R-Tune on the box from NISMO is off-road use only and will void your warranty. Some dealerships may be willing to overlook it if you pay them to install it, but good luck finding one that will knowingly break federal emission laws.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked with my dealer and they stated, yes Nissan does offer headers, but they would cost me $990 w/ out labor. They stated my warranty would be voided if I went with aftermerket headers.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
warranty aint void just cause u added headers, tell them to read the magnusson warranty act.. states if any damage is done it is thier full responsibitly to prove the mod you performed caused the damage, sorry but headers arent going to cause ur engine to blow up,lol just make sure you put catalytic converters back on cause it'll run lean without cats..

·
Registered
51 Posts
But Chris, this is a different situation. If the dealership actually goes by the law, then as soon as the cats come off the vehicle, it is their duty to not only report it, but to not do work on the vehicle that has been altered against federal law.

Yes they legally can void your warranty by just refusing to work on it until the owner either allows them to put the vehicle back to stock condition OR they pay someone else to put it back.

What I find odd though is that they will allow him to put NISMO headers on the vehicle that clearly states "from Nissan" that the warranty is void since the cats are removed and they are for off-road use only. But they say, that they will not warranty "after-market" headers. That is weird. LOL

·
Registered
222 Posts
Toomnymods said:
just make sure you put catalytic converters back on cause it'll run lean without cats..

or not.....

·
Registered
375 Posts
If you want to stay emissions legal just use JBA they are harder to install...
Nismo headers cost is @ $700
Nismos are about the same as Stillen but the come with the O2 sensor emulator...
When I get headers I'm going to use JBA - not Nismo - for my op. I have installed 2 sets of JBA - 3 Sets of Nismo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts