Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Within a day of buying . . . one more question on pricing

I hope I haven't reached the point where I'm too annoying . . . after waffling back and forth on new and used and having several used Titans sold before being able to test drive them I am very close to going with a 2008 Titan KC 4x4 with a little under 32K on the odometer.

The dealership is offering it to me for $22,500 (before tax,title, doc fee) and is offering $5K for my 2000 Toyota 4Runner.

The numbers work for me but I am wondering if . . .

a) is this a decent price for this Titan? and

b) I've done the number crunching and have some pretty wide range of prices from Edmunds low value of $20,094, NADA's $22,275 and KBB's high of $24,370 -- quite honestly I'm not sure if the quoted price is a steal, pretty close to being spot on or close to $2,400 too high. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Re: Within a day of buying . . . one more question on pricing

Make 'em throw in a gold warranty for free and take the deal.

I use NADA quite a bit in my sideline job and for the most part they are right on the money.

·
Registered
433 Posts

for a few grand more you can have a new one.. find a 2010 that is still on the lot they are trying to move out

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

Hey there. Maybe a little high on a KC, depends on where you live. Where I live, 4x4s command a premium so it's hard to get a good deal. I couldn't get a dealer to go any lower than 19.9k on a 2005 CC 4x4 XE with 38k miles and a rear pinion seal leak. I ended up buying an 04 CC SE 4x4 for $12k from a private individual, but I had to travel 400 miles to get it. How many miles on your 4runner?

·
Banned
1,550 Posts

Thats pretty dang high imo

Reactions: I.E. Titan

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts

Does seem a little high, is it a base XE or something a little more optioned out? I think I'd have a tough time getting $22k for mine...

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

in my are thats a bit high. KC go for way less than the CC. There was an 08 with 40k miles for 16,500 here. not sure what trim it was

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

Seems high too me too, I got my 2010 CC SE with value truck package and bedliner for 28k (MSRP was a little under 36k) and 7k trade in on my 01 F150. I even got them to throw in some steps for my wife to get in! If you can afford the extra 4 or 5k I would go with a new one

·
Registered
55 Posts

at a nissan dealership by me their a 2010 kc brand new for 22 after all the rebates granted its not 4x4 but you could get a vrand new 4x4 for about 2g more and the cc go for 28 and up on the 10 and 11. i got my 08 cc xe in dec for 19800 with 19500 miles on it...jus a lil comparison for ya

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

i wish i had thought about buying new since it was december. never crossed my mind how much i could save on a brand new truck

·
Registered
9,557 Posts

It really depends on the condition and model. If it's a PRO or LE then that's a decent price. If we're talking an XE, then I'd agree that it's too high. Bottom line is DO YOU LIKE IT. If so, and it's in your price range, then I say go for it. Good luck and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Well for those of you patient enough to follow my saga . . .

I actually started my search for a truck in the Summer . . . focused mostly on looking at the Ford F-150 since I've never been a fan of Dodge/Chrysler products, GM never really inspired me by their look and I didn't like the whole government hand-out deal and while I liked Toyota I wasn't impressed with their rear differential/axle housing design since a rusting differential meant I had a choice of either patching it up with fixes that would work for a few months or I could replace the whole kit and kaboodle for close to $1,000 -- not a hugely great amount but it ticked me off since what should have been a simple fix with most vehicles was made more complex and expensive due to the design . . . well that and Toyota and the dealership's attitude towards me when I pointed out that the vehicle was old, but only had 116K or so on it . . . and the only bad rust was on the diff.

Anyways, after looking around for a bit and seeing the many issues with F-150s and their infamous sparkplugs I opted to wait and keep saving money.

About a month ago my patch job on the rear differential went again and so I began thinking it was time to either do the repair the right way or get a vehicle that would be more reliable and suit my needs since I really tend to use my 4Runner as a truck to haul the quads, sleds, firewood, lumber, etc.

This time around for some reason I happened to remember the forgotten 5th pick up manufacturer -- Nissan and of course I came here to learn about possible issues . . . and was pleasantly surprised to see that compared to the Ford it seems as though there were not as many issues . . . especially after the 2008.5 changes were made.

And so I began to search out Nissans . . . and discovered that they are not all that common . . . but when they are sold for a half decent amount up here in Maine they tend to go quickly . . . as I discovered when I went to look at a 2007 in Wiscasset only to find it just about ready to head home to a new owner the day I went to look at it . . . a 2007 that I test drove was sold a week later in Bangor . . . and a certified 2008 XE was sold the day before I went to check it out in Augusta.

And so it came down to a SE 4WD KC in Portland which I have mentioned already in this thread . . . or looking at a 2010-2011. Figuring there was no way I could afford a brand new truck I decided to just ask . . . and so I sent out an e-mail to just about every Nissan dealer in Maine asking for an out-the-door price on either a 2010-2011 . . . I then sat down and looked at the quotes and what the vehicle they were quoting . . . and then did some number crunching . . .

. . . only to discover as Tile Setter mentioned that a new one with the out the door price was only $2,000 more than the 2008 with 30K+ miles (and no warranty other than a 2 month deal.) In addition, by going with a hold over 2010 I could take advantage of lower excise taxes after tomorrow and I was able to get a little more choice on the color.

And so . . . realizing I would pay a bit more each month . . . but would get a brand new truck in a color I preferred with a longer warranty . . . today I came away with a 2010 SE KC 4WD with an out-the-door price of $25,900 -- close enough to the invoice to make me happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts

Great looking Titan and you should have NO buyers remorse as under 26 otd is a very fair price for 4wd. New year New truck...Niice.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

You did good, good job.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

NICE.....Good choice in color too!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

CONGRATS!!!! Nice T!!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

thats a great deal. Good choice on going new.

·
Registered
620 Posts

Congrats on the buy. You got a great deal! I bought my 2007 2wd kc se with 20k miles on it for $20,700 out the door. Just a few grand more for brand new plus 4wd is great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts