Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming to a gas station near you. Chavez has stated that he is pulling out of the World bank and is trying to stop all oil supply to the USA. Any thoughts on this?? I dont know the details on it just heard it while flipping through radio stations. I say we go in and take his oil. Heck all the Dems think we went to war for oil, might as well show them what a war about oil is all about!! We could make Venezuela a state!! Or tap into all the oil in Alaska! DUUUUU. I am about sick of this oil stuff. We got the largest coal reserve in the world and coal can be transformed into a limitless supply of oil. Coupled with Alaskas oil we have NO need for foreign oil. When will we ever learn?

·
Banned
371 Posts
The only reason we import is because getting oil from them is cheaper and that way they will run out first and we will still have all of our reserves.
If we really wanted cheap oil we would have millions of rigs 10 miles off either side of the west and east coast. Which is where some of the largest and cheapest oil reserves are.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't know about $10 a gallon, but I'm sure since this announcement was made that gas will be up another 5-7 cents by the end of the day

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COTitan said:
The only reason we import is because getting oil from them is cheaper and that way they will run out first and we will still have all of our reserves.
If we really wanted cheap oil we would have millions of rigs 10 miles off either side of the west and east coast. Which is where some of the largest and cheapest oil reserves are.
Thats my point with our coal reserves, Off shore, and Alaskan oil we will never run out of oil. No need to see if they run out first. Who cares. If we dont buy it that leaves Chavez and the middle east to have war over who supplies China with oil. Screw them let them starve sitting on their oil. We have plenty if we could shut the greenies from cali. up.

·
Registered
976 Posts
he's a pip squeak who likes to grandstand, don't let him ruffle your feathers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is a zero sum game in a World market. The supply is what it is and so is the demand. As long as his oil is on the market it will not influence the world price whether it is sold to us or another country. He will, however hurt himself as he has direct marketing of refined products through CITGO which I assume he would pull. In addition, some of his reserves are very heavy crude and not economical to extract at below $60 per barrel. That is one reason he wants to make as much noise as possible to destabilize world markets. They do not possess the technical expertise to keep operating those particular fields over time so he is hurting himself long-term by nationalizing the oil industry.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dorsey said:
It is a zero sum game in a World market. The supply is what it is and so is the demand. As long as his oil is on the market it will not influence the world price whether it is sold to us or another country. He will, however hurt himself as he has direct marketing of refined products through CITGO which I assume he would pull. In addition, some of his reserves are very heavy crude and not economical to extract at below $60 per barrel. That is one reason he wants to make as much noise as possible to destabilize world markets. They do not possess the technical expertise to keep operating those particular fields over time so he is hurting himself long-term by nationalizing the oil industry.
Lets just hope you are right.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have boycotted Citgo for about 2-3 years now, for both fuel and sundries. I would suggest that all Titan Talk members rally and do the same.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Time for the American Terrorists to attack these A holes that want to attack us!! LOL Yeah 0 sum game, unless he stops selling period -which sooner or later if him and Iran D-head figure this out and stop for - say 1 month-then probably 5-6 is possible in the near future.

Don't forget - Some theories out there that :Japan bombed us in WWII because we cut off their oil. They want trouble, we'll give them trouble eventually.

·
Registered
679 Posts
MuskyHunter said:
I have boycotted Citgo for about 2-3 years now, for both fuel and sundries. I would suggest that all Titan Talk members rally and do the same.

I have been doing the same for the past few years.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Chave is :ftard: . We should some guys to get rid of him are pay some of his own people to do it. He's taking over all the banks and oil rigs so he can have lots of money. He wants to be like his budy Castro:teeth:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wiscdave said:
Time for the American Terrorists to attack these A holes that want to attack us!! LOL Yeah 0 sum game, unless he stops selling period -which sooner or later if him and Iran D-head figure this out and stop for - say 1 month-then probably 5-6 is possible in the near future.

Don't forget - Some theories out there that :Japan bombed us in WWII because we cut off their oil. They want trouble, we'll give them trouble eventually.
Sorry, I dont agree I'm in the military and know we have our hands full with whats going on now. Alhtought I wouldn't mid going down there and hooking up with some Latin Babes. Just get some one to off Hugo and we will be fine. Not like we haven't taking care of folks before.:gunz:

·
Registered
976 Posts
the economies of Venezuela and Iran are one trick ponies, without oil they have nothing, $0 income, well Iran will still have carpets and door matts, whoopdeedoo. Chavez is not going to turn off the taps, he'll collapse from within if he does. In the long run he needs us more then we need him.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
Alright lets turn the middle east to glass and level South america!!!!!

I've had enough! It's not even about the oil, I'm tired of idiots and insanos trying to prove they have power over us. Nothing says power like a mushroom cloud.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Dam Demowhimps in the congress not going to do anything but say...stop again. Hey now I said quit doing that or I'll say stop again...i mean it. Stop again. Time for no guts no glory..

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MuskyHunter said:
Here is a good article that touches on how Chavez might shoot himself in his own foot. It might not be good business for oil companies if they do not come to terms with Chavez's demands and profit taking:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4759848.html
Good read. I hope that SOB Chavez gets what he deserves. I would be willing to take a hit in the pocket book for awhile to sink that bastid!

·
Registered
18 Posts
konigfritz said:
Alright lets turn the middle east to glass and level South america!!!!!

I've had enough! It's not even about the oil, I'm tired of idiots and insanos trying to prove they have power over us. Nothing says power like a mushroom cloud.

Haha. I agree!! :gunz:

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I have been doing the Citgo Boycott for a while. My uncle works in the oil industry and he talks about how all the people he knows hate the guy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
MuskyHunter said:

ditto! I would rather mess my pants then visit a Citgo.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts