Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ready to buy a cat-back but i don't if i should go with a banks or a jba? i hear different about every one so don't know which one to go with:teethmast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
I would go with Banks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TT= banks :boxing: CT=jba :teethmast

:smoke: who to go with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Go with the JBA, a proven power producer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
If you want noise go with banks if you want perfomance go JBA, the smaller 2.25'' y-pipe helps low end Tq and velocity. The dual 2.25'' Y still out flows the single 3'' out portion. I've owned both. Just look at what Shailey, Rossi are putting down...let perf numbers do the talkin..I have the fastest NA Titan to date (Crew Cab on 20's), mine seems to prefer the JBA!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have a dyno of both systems to actualy c the numbers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
I bought Shailey's old JBA and I am very happy with it. The sound is aggressive enough to get lots of compliments, but not so loud that it gets the cops' attention. The drone is also tolerable. My neighbor has the Banks and I have to say it sounds amazing. It's pretty damn loud though and he's been pulled over twice now by cops thinking that he was taking off from a light too fast. :rolleyes: It also drones quite a bit in the cab. The build quality on the Banks is really nice. All in all for me I love the Banks, but on someone elses truck. I can live with the JBA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MikeB said:
I bought Shailey's old JBA and I am very happy with it. The sound is aggressive enough to get lots of compliments, but not so loud that it gets the cops' attention. The drone is also tolerable. My neighbor has the Banks and I have to say it sounds amazing. It's pretty damn loud though and he's been pulled over twice now by cops thinking that he was taking off from a light too fast. :rolleyes: It also drones quite a bit in the cab. The build quality on the Banks is really nice. All in all for me I love the Banks, but on someone elses truck. I can live with the JBA.

so u are saying that u rather the banks then your jba
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
white_titan05 said:
does anyone have a dyno of both systems to actualy c the numbers?
http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/a/markislive/Hp.jpg

check out the bottom line...that is from banks and K&N Aircharger only. The next line up was after headers and mandrel bent true dual 2.5'' w/X-pipe, top line was with headers, tune, volant, and JBA Evol...not really an apples to apples comaprision...just some data if that helps any...

Toomanymods is waiting on his JBA to come in. He is switching from Banks cause he wants lower ET's. I'm sure he will be heading to the track pretty soon if you have the patience to hold back...lol! I know it's tough. 1/4 mile is the best way to test these IMO. Dyno's only capture the top half of the powerband and that doesn't telll the whole story. You can really feel the low end when gained or lost when you are towing or just pulling off of the line under normal driving. Also nulling out the resonators will hurt low end on the banks more than jba, if that makes any sense...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Banks!!! You won't regret it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
white_titan05 said:
so u are saying that u rather the banks then your jba
Like I said, I love the Banks, but on someone else's truck. It's a very high quality exhaust system, but it's too loud and drony for me to live with on my truck. Not to mention the JBA seems to be the favorite for performance with the quicker Titans around here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
I had the Banks and after a year or so I grew tired of it and took it off. I really started to hate the thing after a while. I lost power when towing and would have to shift one gear lower for inclines than before, in exchange for a little more top end pull.

Not to mention it gets extremely loud when towing. I'd tow ~7,000 - 8,000 lbs 300 miles and have a headache.

Further after Banks sent 3 replacement pipes I still had leaks at the flanges (even w/ 2 gaskets there was a visible gap). Eventually I just lived with them, their fit was just poor.

If anything I'd consider a Gibson in the future. For now I'm happy w/ stock.

After going back to stock, my truck pulls way harder down low, but not quite as hard up top. It tows a lot better, and I could swear it gets slightly better mileage.

It is a lot nicer to drive w/o the overly loud exhaust too.

I wouldn't recommend Banks having had one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,246 Posts
I was planning on getting banks but after this thread im not real sure. Any body else out there think they lost low end with the banks. I want it loud but I dont want lose power in doing so. I already lost enough with the 35's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,341 Posts
rynomx785 said:
I was planning on getting banks but after this thread im not real sure. Any body else out there think they lost low end with the banks. I want it loud but I dont want lose power in doing so. I already lost enough with the 35's.
From what I've read on here, what you lose in low end with the Banks, comes back a little with a CAI, and even more with the 2* advance. 2* timing advance seems to be the ticket no matter what intake/exhaust you're running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
From what I've read on here, what you lose in low end with the Banks, comes back a little with a CAI
I had the Banks alone, then later added the AFE Stage 2, then went back to the Banks alone, now I'm back to stock.

I have the most low end 100% stock.

I had the most top end with both combined, but it wasn't worth the trade off in low end.

The truck drives better completely stock than with the Banks or the AFE in my opinion.

I was also running 35's and towing a lot, that's why I wanted as much low end as possible. Stock was best for me.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top