Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a little bet better sound. my buddy put a FM 50 series and I liked the sound. From what I read I need an aftermarket Y-pipe and 2.25/3 out muffler.

My questions: 2006 CC LE with resonaters popped
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
What is the stock muffler length? looking into a universal MF and need to know the size I might need.
I was considering Y-pipe - MF part number:10758
Muffler - FM P/N:52555

p.s. Anyone near WY want to help with install?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...8501-oem-aftermarket-header-exhaust-info.html

^^ probably all the answers you will need is on here. Its a sticky on the the performance section called OEM aftermarket header exhaust info

Thats where I got alot of my information. It doesn't have everything I was looking for though.

Said that the 2.25/3 out was best combo, but I am assuming that he kept the rest of the exhaust. I am worried about loosing a lot more low end if I go 3" out with a turndown. Especially if I get a better flowing Y-pipe

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am worried about loosing a lot more low end if I go 3" out with a turndown
From what I understand and have read over the past year, the flowmaster Y will give you the best low end but the complete catback and/or muffler setup by them will not. I believe a flowmaster Y with a magnaflow or Bullet muffler would be the best for low end grunt. Hope that helps

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hook your stock pipes to a flowmaster 2.25/3 Y and run a 3" pipe to a muffler of your choice and dump it over the axle. Put the new y pipe in the same spot as the stock Y. Thats my set-up except I have 2.25" from the mani flanges to the Flowmaster Y now and I'm loving it!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, after reading and going back and forth I think I am going 2.25/2.5 Y into a Magnaflow 2.5/2.5 out with a turndown. Should keep my low end, and sound good.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
yeah, after reading and going back and forth I think I am going 2.25/2.5 Y into a Magnaflow 2.5/2.5 out with a turndown. Should keep my low end, and sound good.
That will be a great setup! I got my Y from summitracing for like $45 shipped. Ordered it on a monday and got it on tuesday. They ship fast! Which maggy are you going with?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That will be a great setup! I got my Y from summitracing for like $45 shipped. Ordered it on a monday and got it on tuesday. They ship fast! Which maggy are you going with?

Still undesided. I like the sound of the 50 series flowmaster - so something similar to that. Don't want it to be to loud.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Just so you know but it's up to you, flowmaster will kill performance. I gained .2 or .3 in the 1/4 mile by taking it off.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Just so you know but it's up to you, flowmaster will kill performance. I gained .2 or .3 in the 1/4 mile by taking it off.
Kill performance how, top end power? Better than stock I would assume. Thinking about a FM70 dual in / single out to replace my stocker and getting rid of the restrictive stock Y-pipe in the process. Thinking I will have a shop make seperate 2" pipes from the cats to the muffler with a 2"-2.25" transition at the muffler, then salvage what I can of the stock 3" tail. What do you think? Sorry for the thread jack.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After looking at MF and FM, I have to go with a MF Y-pipe and an FM muffler.

Y-pipe - MF part number:10758
Muffler - FM P/N:52555

Hope this helps others who are looking to do the same.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What is the stock muffler length? looking into a universal MF and need to know the size I might need.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
updated First post.... Need some help for a universal MagnaFlow size

1 - 15 of 15 Posts