Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick ? about the cleats for utili-track which I don't have installed on my Titan...

You put the cleat in across the channel, and twist it 90 degrees to make it line up with the channel then titan it correct? (get it...titan it...anyway)...

Is there any way to keep it cross ways in the channel, or does it always have to line up with the channel when tight?

Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
While I believe you could tighten the cleat when its not parallel with the track, I don’t think it has much holding strength, meaning if you tug or wiggle it, it will pop out. The cleat has 2 tabs or ears, which are on each side of the bolt. When you tighten the bolt these tabs align in the slot of the utilitrack and improve the holding strength. Its designed to be installed 90 degrees to the track, then turned in the track to be parallel, then Titaned.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I use mine all the time....when you have them lined up properly and Titand....they are extremely solid...I recently strapped down a $900 stainless steel outdoor grill (huge)and nothing even moved....they are very handy...you just have to make sure that you take an extra second to porperly line them up in the track or you won't get them as tight as they should be....therefore they'll wiggle......good luck......buy yourself a decent set of lock down straps(cam)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of getting just the floor tracks from the utilitrack. Is there a mountain bike rack that will work with just the floor Tracks???

·
Registered
168 Posts
PennTitan said:
I'm thinking of getting just the floor tracks from the utilitrack. Is there a mountain bike rack that will work with just the floor Tracks???
What you do is take your Utilitrack cleat, and take it apart so that only the portion that bolts to the track is there. Then you go to Courtesyparts.com and buy the Yakima skewer and "other" (forget the name of it) part that attaches the skewer to the cleat. WHam bam. :)

·
Premium Member
4,027 Posts
I use a couple of bike racks like this one
http://www.bikerackshops.com/PBS-2R.html
standing in the bed and stand the bikes in it and then just run a strap over the bikes to have peace of mind. We've had our four bikes like this for hundreds of miles and never a problem. My two racks can be bolted together when needed.
The rear wheel is placed in the rack with the front wheel turned slightly so I can close the tailgate on my crew cab.
You can attach these racks to the floor track on the utilitrac channel too if you'd like.

Clint

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can also get the Utilitrack Bike Rack. Google search for velocigrip (I can't post the URL 'cause I don't have enough posts). You can put www dot and dot com around velocigrip and get the right site.

It does not require you to disassemble / use the cleats from Nissan.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts