Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crying: OK the title says it all. Well almost...I have a 2005 LE 4x4 CC BT OR. I have the normal squeak when you hit a bump but this is different. I almost thought it was my brakes. When I let off the gas at speeds above 45-50 I hear a high pitch squeal, when I give it gas it goes away. I guess I put the drive train under stress when I give it gas that is why it goes away. Sounds like it comes from the rear because I can really hear it when I let the back window down. HELP PLEASE!!! Its driving me crazy.:huh:

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
How about a quick visual inspection to be sure there isn't a piece of tumbleweed or other flora stuck under the truck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Try looking at your belts as well, I know you said you think it is coming from the rear, but from reading the description it sounds like a loose belt. Let's hope that is what it is and not something more serious. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will look at the belts, didnt think of that. I did creep under the back end looking for anything that was loose or looked to be moving a little I also sprayed the leaf spring holders with PB blaster, didnt find anything and didnt help.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Could it be a wear sensor on the brakes? That produces a squeel.

Clint

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clint said:
Could it be a wear sensor on the brakes? That produces a squeel.

Clint
I am going to look at that too this weekend but it ONLY does it when I let off the gas from 45mph and up. Its weird. I was looking through the rear end failures to see if this is some of the signs but didnt see it.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else??? It also has a seperate vibration sound, dont feel the vibration just hear it. Like metal on metal. Man this is driving me crazy...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I have a great idea, have your wife drive the truck while having yourself strapped to the spare tire. then you will be able to pin point the source of the squeal, if its not your a5s dragging the pavement!!:upsidedow

·
Registered
336 Posts
jasonmotox said:
I have a great idea, have your wife drive the truck while having yourself strapped to the spare tire. then you will be able to pin point the source of the squeal, if its not your a5s dragging the pavement!!:upsidedow
Damn if he did that, he would look like your avatar. Either that or he would get wrapped up in the driveshaft.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:jester: yeah I think I will put her under the truck, Hey motox you ready to go to the power lines????? I need a date so I can make sure she is strapped on tight under there. Need a good test run ya know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
After I had my exhaust put on I had the same problem. The metal exhaust hanger was touching the metal braket that held the ruber gromet. I just banged the hanger with a hamer so they were not touching.

I ust to hear a high pitch squel when accelerating on the highway and then it started while just sitting still so I started looking under the truck while it was making the noise and pinpointed it.
At first I thought my rearend was going out but its doing just fine.
________
Big brother forum

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Check oil in diff. If possible, jack up your truck and put jacks or blocks on each side of rear axle. Have your wife rev engine while you look under. Might be able to locate where it is comming from. I would bet on the axle.Could be a problem with the driveshaft. Good luck

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, gona check the exhaust again also. I made an appointment with the dealership for Tuesday so we will see. Any other things I should check first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the resolution on this problem. I am experiencing the exact same thing after my dual exhaust was installed. Now I have a For Sale sign on the truck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts