Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Titan 4x4 Rear Diff housing cracked in a couple of places, according to the dealer. They say it needs the whole axle assembly to fix it since they do not make that axle any longer. $3200.00. Anyone change their own or have suggestions for new axle? What a freakin bummer.

Any suggestions are welcome. Don't know what to do.....

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Lots of people have swapped their own. As far as I know, any rear from any '04-'11 Titan will bolt right up. Just have to get the same gear ratio.

For that kind of money, you could easily do a Dana 60 upgrade. Limits gear choices though, since you are 4x4. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Currie Enterprises was making a rear axle for the Titan I thought. I don't know if any one has installed on yet. They should be must stronger and about the same price.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I could be wrong...Nissan has an extended Recall on 2004 Axles that required replacement of the entire axle. Mine was done in 2005...but since was done while I waited and took under 2 hours, I've questioned it was actually a cover change versus and entire axle change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts