Nissan Titan Forum banner

Rear axle is off and not centered

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Mighty 
#1 ·
so i just install 35x12.5 tires and since they stick outside the fenders, i just noticed that the rear passenger wheel and tire sticks out a whole 1/2 inch more that the rear driver tire. an ideas on what the problem could be? is this normal? thanks. i have a 05 king cab xe

#2 ·
Have you measured the axle? Could it be your tires or rims?

#3 ·
My truck is the same way, the axle is 1/2" off. I did some measuring and the spring perch's are the same distance from the backing plate on each side. So this means it is either the leaf springs are twisted, the leaf spring mounting points are tweaked, or the frame it tweaked.

#4 ·
1/2" Total Difference means it is only off center by 1/4" really. As long as everything looks good and is tight; no cracks seen, I would not worry about it at all. Many vehicles have such errors. They are insignificant/normal.

#5 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I measured the axle and it does seem to be off, not the wheels and tires. It might be the leaf springs like desertruner said but the good thing is that I don’t see anything damaged. In a sense….good to hear that I’m not the only one with this issue.

#7 ·
If you corner one way harder than the other, it is possible you have worn your bushings into a natural lean one way or the other....also, Titan Blue is correct in that it is only shifted 1/4 inch if it measures 1/2 difference.

#8 ·
yeah that cornering theory sounds about right. i always turn right faster than left if i catch the light green and the right turns are always sharper

#10 ·
This thread hasn't been updated since 2011 so im thinking he got over it by selling his T.
Checking dates on threads is always a good idea :).....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.