Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a recall on this? I've read this in the club Titan forum that alot of titan owners had this same issue and did a report on it. You can see that it was leaking on the back side of the rotors by the axle. I still have a warranty on my truck but want to know if anyone on here had this issue and was it resolved as a recall.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yes, numerous axle seals have been replaced under warranty. Sometimes they replace the entire shaft/seal/bearing as an assembly, but that doesn't seem to be a cure. They seem to have fixed the issue for 2008+

·
Super Moderator
160,801 Posts
If you're a 2006 as your sig states, you're out of your warranty so it's not likely they will be replaced unless you have purchased an extended warranty. I doubt you'll get Nissan to "goodwill" a 5 year old truck.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're a 2006 as your sig states, you're out of your warranty so it's not likely they will be replaced unless you have purchased an extended warranty. I doubt you'll get Nissan to "goodwill" a 5 year old truck.
Yes I have an extended warranty up to 100k and I currently have 96k. I'll call them later today to get it done asap.

·
Premium Member
76,987 Posts
My passenger rear leaked and were repaired under warranty at just before 50k miles. Now almost another 20k later, no leaks....knock on wood.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you buy the truck at a B.R. dealer?
Yeah I bought it three years ago used with 40,000 miles and got a 60,000 ext. warranty to 100,000 from Leblanc Nissan in gonzales. I'm calling them tomorrow morning on this plus the recalls I didn't get done yet.

·
Premium Member
76,987 Posts
Cool. Hopefully they'll fix it with no hassles, then. It should all be in their database.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called the dealer today, it's still under warranty and will get fixed on Friday including the recalls.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's been taken care of. And they also said that there was the transmission cooling line leaking and the power steering line leaking but on the report it only says that there was red oil leaking and ps fluid isn't red so I'm gonna trace this and fix it myself. They want 400.00 bucks to do it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I just had my power steering line, both wheel hubs and rear axle replaced. Not to mention the radiator and head gasket.

I just ate the cost of the line as I didn't want to worry about it later

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This morning I used the emergency brakes and they went all the way to the floor! They should know better than that to bleed them.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
This morning I used the emergency brakes and they went all the way to the floor! They should know better than that to bleed them.
The e-brake consists of shoes activated by a cable, no bleeding involved. When the axle seals leak, it is fairly common for the shoes to be contaminated with gear oil. If the dealer did the work, I would suggest taking it back to the dealer and having them fix the e-brake, which may require replacing and/or cleaning and/or adjusting the brake shoes and cable tension.

If you want to DIY, instructions are in this thread:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/123384-replacing-axle-seals-w-pics.html

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Recall, I wish. Fixed passenger side seal, now my pinion seal is starting to leak. :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The e-brake consists of shoes activated by a cable, no bleeding involved. When the axle seals leak, it is fairly common for the shoes to be contaminated with gear oil. If the dealer did the work, I would suggest taking it back to the dealer and having them fix the e-brake, which may require replacing and/or cleaning and/or adjusting the brake shoes and cable tension.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/123384-replacing-axle-seals-w-pics.html
Thanks but yeah they took care of it. For a minute I was getting discourage about my Titan wondering what will cause the tranny cooling line to leak and and damn power steering line also. The tranny line is a piece of cake to change but the power steering line looks like a pain to do.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

hey bestatchess, do you have a DIY on changing power steering pump line and the transmission cooling line going to the bottom of the radiator? well for the cooling line i need the part number for that hose. anything will help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
hey bestatchess, do you have a DIY on changing power steering pump line and the transmission cooling line going to the bottom of the radiator? well for the cooling line i need the part number for that hose. anything will help. thanks.
214 Radiator, Shroud & Fitting :: Exhaust & Cooling :: Genuine Nissan Parts :: Titan Parts (A60) 2004-2011 :: Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

I haven't messed with the P/S hose yet as mine was changed under warranty. There have been numerous failures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts