Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not getting any tire wear, but just noticed that my tires aren't the same distance in the fenders. One fits in the fenders nicely, the other clearly hangs out 3/4 - 1".

Is this normal? I'm a little concerned that I've never noticed it before. Either I'm slipping in my old age or something has moved. I'm not the first owner of the truck, but no known wrecks. :/

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well they may be, But there ain't nothing wrong with your paint. :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Could be that your bed is shifted too or just normally sits a little off. I think there has been posts about that as well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've noticed this too. Its a normal thing as far as I know. Its the same with my 07 and my dad's 2010. My guess is that it was a minor design flaw that went unnoticed or is too costly to correct. I noticed it many times because of the tires, but also when those who add larger tires, the passenger side has a better clearance than the driver side because the axle is slightly off center. I'm not sure if that design was intended, but I do know it is nothing to worry about. Just continue to enjoy your Titan!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
When u can,See how far it is by measuring the distance between frame and tire and let us know.

DROID sent

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they may be, But there ain't nothing wrong with your paint. :)
I need to wax it I know :(

I've noticed this too. Its a normal thing as far as I know. Its the same with my 07 and my dad's 2010. My guess is that it was a minor design flaw that went unnoticed or is too costly to correct. I noticed it many times because of the tires, but also when those who add larger tires, the passenger side has a better clearance than the driver side because the axle is slightly off center. I'm not sure if that design was intended, but I do know it is nothing to worry about. Just continue to enjoy your Titan!
Sweet. Thats what I figured since it's not chewing tires up.

When u can,See how far it is by measuring the distance between frame and tire and let us know.

DROID sent

Will do .. if I can find a tape measure.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Mines the same way. Passenger side sticks out about 3/4" more. I haven't had any alignment problems because of it. Actually, the front and back both hang out further.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I need to wax it I know :(

Sweet. Thats what I figured since it's not chewing tires up.

Will do .. if I can find a tape measure.

Ha Ha Bro!, No I meant the paint was shinny. :) Hope you get it fiqured out. For what it's worth, Ive been eyeballing the bed of my truck, and it ain't stright. I kinda just forgot about it, but it bugs me at times. I've seen other T's with the same crooked bed. I don't buy the gas tank is heavy on one side either. If it was true it would be leaning down on that side.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha Ha Bro!, No I meant the paint was shinny. :) Hope you get it fiqured out. For what it's worth, Ive been eyeballing the bed of my truck, and it ain't stright. I kinda just forgot about it, but it bugs me at times. I've seen other T's with the same crooked bed. I don't buy the gas tank is heavy on one side either. If it was true it would be leaning down on that side.
Yea I knew what you meant. :) I still need to wax it though. Too many weekly washings.

DROID sent
From frame to outside of the shorter lugs on the tire.

Right side 15 3/8
Left side 14 9/16

My stepfather used to work for the company that does the headlights. He swears the right side isn't square on any of them. Gave them absolute HELL trying to get headlights to fit on the front.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Noticed the same thing when I installed my rear Timbrens and instantly started looking for worn/broken/misaligned parts. Drove me nuts for a while, but never found anything, guess that's just the way it is. Mine has also always, since new, sat almost a half inch lower on the drivers side, no matter if the tank is full or not. I had it in 2 or 3 times while still under warranty, they replaced the left front shock & spring once, then the rear shackles the 2nd time, 3rd time they told me "it's normal, they a lot of them do that". I do work the snot out of this truck and never had an issue so I guess it's all good. Lol.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
A couple of things...

Have you tried to loosen up both sides u-bolts, and pry the rear end over, then tighten them back up?

All it takes is a little off center on the spring eye bushings, a little on the attachment to the rear end(u-bolts) and you are off a bit...

Also remember how the math works...

Right side 15 3/8
Left side 14 9/16
The split between those numbers is .8125" and that makes it look as though the rear is worse then it seems....To center that rear end you actually only move it .406"....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not getting any tire wear, but just noticed that my tires aren't the same distance in the fenders. One fits in the fenders nicely, the other clearly hangs out 3/4 - 1".

Is this normal? I'm a little concerned that I've never noticed it before. Either I'm slipping in my old age or something has moved. I'm not the first owner of the truck, but no known wrecks. :/
Check out my post and see if it’s the same as mine. My drivers front wheel even sits in further than my passenger side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey my 06 titan rear end is also crooked. from center of front hub to center of back hud i got 141 driver and 141 1/2 passenger. is this nornal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts