Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus recently noticed that my left rear axle seal is bad. I have a buddy whose a mechanic an he said he can do axle seals, so im putting together a parts list. Ive read the axle seal replacments thread a few times. Just want to make sure this is all the parts i need to complete the task. All parts will be ordered from rockauto.com.Thanks

Parts:
Bearing/Race/Spacer- National A-10
Seal- National #100712V
Brake Shoes- Beck/Arnley #0813204
Parking Brake Springs an Clips

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
If you have a 2004 thru 2007 truck, that looks right.

springs & clips: RAYBESTOS Part # H17401 (they have a couple of other brands also) The Beck/Arnely 081304 shows 4 shoes and the Raybestos spring/clip kit shows parts for both sides. So I think you would have enough to do one side for the axle seal/bearing and do both sides for the parking brakes. The Raybestos kit also shows a little packet of white grease to grease the skids for the shoes and the star adjuster.

Other stuff you might want:

brake cleaner
75/140 Synthetic Gear Oil (If you decide to drain to drain & change fluid, not absolutely necessary to do so)
Permatex Ultra Black Oil Resistant RTV (this could be used for diff cover [although not required to remove diff cover] and also around the outer periphery of the seal just prior to reinstall of the axle shaft.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I have the materials written down an my next question was going to be the parts number for the springs an clips. Thanks for the response, just the person I was wanting to respond. Vent mod is getting done this weekend as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is it possible to reuse all the springs and clips from the parking brake or do you need to replace them after taking the axel apart?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts