Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of converting my rear bench seat in my '10 Pro4x KC into 2 rear captains chairs with a rear center console. Basically making the back look like the front. I did a search in the forums and couldn't find anything on the matter. I was wondering if anyone had already done this or thought about doing this. And if you had, does anyone have any suggestions or warnings before I begin this project.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I think that would be cool, kyle at stillin did something like this in an older CC but he put 4 racing seats in the cab I think.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have thought about it a lot. But stopped there. My hangup is throwing down the $$$$$$$ for seats and console fabbing up the mounts, installing, then not liking the outcome. Im VERY picky about my truck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I dont know what the 2010 is like but my 2004 would probably not comfortably fit two captains chairs in the back. Sweet concept, post some pics of the mock-up/finished product if you go that far with it.

rc

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I don't think there'd be enough room for it in a KC. Crew Cab...Maybe, but not in a King Cab, unless the front seats are both scooted all the way up.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I'm worried about the room too. I think once I get back from this deployment I'm going to try it anyway. If all else fails I'll have the same amount of room in the back as I have now, it'll just look sweet! Thanks for all the input guys.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I posted up a year or 2 ago asking the same question. Then I took measurements, there simply isnt enough room back there for captains chairs. My dad's crew cab def would have the space but a KC, by the time you mount the captains chair in the back, basically with the seat back completely verticle, the front of the seat bottom will touch the back of the drivers seat. Itd be cool in a crew cab with an armada middle console and two captains seats but there simply isnt enough room in the KC..

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Just get two Corbeau racing seats and put them back there, now that would be sick.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
Ive thought about cutting down the bigger part of the 60/40 split back seat to the size of the smaller one, or replacing the big side with another small side, then putting a big console/sub box in between. I think that would fit better then 2 captains chairs.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
It's a cool idea, making the interior look more like a QX56, but I don't even think in a crew cab there would be enough room...It also wouldn't be as straight forward as just bolting in a couple more front seats. If I remember correctly, there is a hump that comes out maybe 6-12" from the back of the cab that the rear seats actually sit on. This would force a modification to the seats to sit on top of it.

Technically, you could put them in front of it but then you'd lose legroom.

You could also put them on top and fab up higher mounts for the front of the seats to give a stadium seating effect, but then you'd lose rear headroom.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
^the captains chairs sit so high off the floor anyways that youd just have to modify the bracket that attaches to the floor. leave the front the same and just section up the rear so the mounting plate is right up near the bottom of the seat and the seat would sit same level as the front and the crew cabs have more than enough leg room for this. i wish I had a cc or a buddy with one so I could custom fab this up, this is my kinda sh!t...

·
Premium Member
46,445 Posts
once you take out the back seats, you might want to leave them out, scrap the spare tire, remove the tailgate, install a turbo, and run open headers....

Deployment? stay well and thanks.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Club Armada has a listing today for trading bench seat for rear captain seats. Saw a TT listing for rear cpt seat brackets custom made for a show, for sale cheap.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive thought about cutting down the bigger part of the 60/40 split back seat to the size of the smaller one, or replacing the big side with another small side, then putting a big console/sub box in between. I think that would fit better then 2 captains chairs.
Now this sounds like it might work out alot better than the captains chairs for the king cab. Wouldn't lose any rear leg room either.... I'm going to have to do some research on this one. Thanks man!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe check into armada second row seats?

My wife has the '06 crew cab so I might have to try this mod on her truck first, lol. She is wanting me to redo her interior when I get home anyway so I might just have to do it for her.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
^the captains chairs sit so high off the floor anyways that youd just have to modify the bracket that attaches to the floor. leave the front the same and just section up the rear so the mounting plate is right up near the bottom of the seat and the seat would sit same level as the front and the crew cabs have more than enough leg room for this. i wish I had a cc or a buddy with one so I could custom fab this up, this is my kinda sh!t...
Am I a buddy???????:coolsmile

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
haha if you werent in AZ and bought the captains chairs i'd do it up for a 30 rack of bud hah. Interiors are my specialty, converted my old bench seat dakota to two durango buckets and a center console, looked 100% factory

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
haha if you werent in AZ and bought the captains chairs i'd do it up for a 30 rack of bud hah. Interiors are my specialty, converted my old bench seat dakota to two durango buckets and a center console, looked 100% factory
any plans to come to houston?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
haha nope. Just got my job up here in mass, start right after I graduate so I the north east is where I'll be.

Really wish I had a CC so I could do this, just gonna have to wait till this summer and I'll try the conversion on the new cummins crew cab.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts