Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 Titan CC with a 1.5" leveling kit. I want to increase the lift of my rear a little because I always seem to be loaded with something and I dont like the rear looking like it is squatting.

My question is what are your opinions on what size block I should run in the back, a 1" or a 3/4"? I dont know if anyone sells a 3/4" block, but I can mill down the billet 1" prg with no problem.

And does anyone know how large of a tire I could run without rubbing? I am currently running 33x12.50x17's, but I need to buy new tires. I figured I would get the tires and install the rear block at the same time.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I have an 07 Titan CC with a 1.5" leveling kit. I want to increase the lift of my rear a little because I always seem to be loaded with something and I dont like the rear looking like it is squatting.

My question is what are your opinions on what size block I should run in the back, a 1" or a 3/4"? I dont know if anyone sells a 3/4" block, but I can mill down the billet 1" prg with no problem.

And does anyone know how large of a tire I could run without rubbing? I am currently running 33x12.50x17's, but I need to buy new tires. I figured I would get the tires and install the rear block at the same time.

Thanks for your help.
If you're running stock rims, you can probably go with a LT285/75R17 Nitto Terra Grappler A/T or Toyo M/T. They both about 34" but the A/T is a couple of 10ths shorter.

If you turn your steering wheel to the left to the point where the edge, (between the tread and the sidewall), of your tire is almost rubbing at the back of the front, driver side wheel well, and measure how much space there is, you should be able to tell.

If your 33's clear by 1/2" it might be too close since your tires have worn down some, but then again your current ones are are wider. If you clear by 3/4" for both driver and passenger sides, they should fit. If you have an inch, then the 34" Nitto Terra Grappler A/T in the LT305/70R17 which are roughly 3/4" wider than the LT285/75R17's would probably work.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information on the tire sizes! I'm amazed at how much some of you guys know about what to look for to determin the size that would fit. Any recommendation for the rear block size?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Thanks for the information on the tire sizes! I'm amazed at how much some of you guys know about what to look for to determin the size that would fit. Any recommendation for the rear block size?
If you look at my sig pic, you can see that I'm not a big fan of raising the rear. LoL But I did actually consider getting a 1" PRG block, but instead lowered the front since that pic was taken. Prefer the truck height at 3" instead of 4".

For your situation, with the bed loaded down a lot, I would probably get the block and see how 1" was. Might also look into air bags if I had the extra cash.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I did the 1" block in the rear because I like the rear to be a little higher (very little) then the front. Any load in the bed makes it truely level.

Sold the truck yesterday and alrerady itching to buy a newer replacement.

Reactions: NorCal 4x4

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have been thinking about this for a while also, can't stand when I have something heavy in the back and it squats that much lower than the front.

Let us know where you get just the block from, if you end up getting it. I had a hard time finding one outside of the PRG mini-lift kit..

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just ordered the 1" from PRG. I have the Bilstein 5100's set at 1" on the front but it's just a tad higher than the rear. I got the 1" for the back so I can have it a little higher for hauling stuff as everyone has said.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Auto zone...$30

PRG...$89-$99 (comes with better U-Bolts)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the replys, I like the look of ur setup tywinter. I think I am going to go with the PRG 1" billet block so I can mill it down a little if it sits a little higher than I would like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts