Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2007 SE Crew Cab with a ProComp Stage2 6" lift.
The rear has the MX6 shocks with the 4" block...
The rear of the truck sits just a tad lower than the front - about an inch and a half.
So, what I was wondering, if I got ahold of some 5" blocks that are tapered and the pin is in the right spot, can I simply drop the rear end and put the new blocks on, bolt it all back up and I'm good to go - or is it more complicated than that?

I *could* adjust the coil-overs up front down a bit to compensate, but I like the height and the ride right where they're at, so I'd rather lift the back 2" instead of lower the front 1 1/2"...whatcha all think?

Psychlone

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
you probably have a huge amount of preload on those C/Os, you'd have a better ride if you adjust them down a bit.......but if you like the lift, spring pack is the way to go for the addition 1.5" or so, 5" block is a bit excessive

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think if I lowered the coilovers a bit to level out the front with the back that it would ride smoother? I thought it would be the opposite, but then again, I've got no experience with suspensions...
I'm actually thinking about doing a 3" body lift...I think the added height would look great (it obviously would do nothing for 4Xing and would be a serious problem when I try to park it in a parking garage in Vegas)
Maybe, on second thought...

Anyway, thoughts on my current setup are appreciated! I would love to be 2" higher in the back, but if lowering the front 1 1/2" will give a better ride quality, then I'm on it!

Psychlone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts