Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the time has come to replace my rear rotors and brake pads. I am looking for a OEM replacement or possible upgrade, as my dealership wants to charge an arm and a leg for replacement rotors.

Any advise?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
It is easy to change the rears.
I did rear rotors and pads on Godzilla's T in about 40 minutes from start to finish.

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
it's not hard at all. the biggest issue will be that the rotors are probably rusted to your axles. A little PB blaster and a ball peen hammer will get your through. also, there is a spring clip on the top of the caliper, you'll want to hold that down and tap the top with the hammer as well to get the top off, then the bottom should slide up and out. I sat my caliper up onto of the spring while fussing with the pads/e-brake.

I spend about 200 on new rotor drums and pads OEM replacements. My e-brake got locked up and shredded apart on the one side, so I'm into this brake job for a little more $$. I noticed my ABS sensor was missing, those are around 60 bucks. Don't be surprised if your e-brake shoes have the pads de-laminated either.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
For a 2004, I would think about getting the seal kits and pistons and rebuilding the calipers. And yeah, I would just get the shoes and spring/clip kit and do the parking brakes also. Nothing worse than getting it apart and finding out you need more parts.

I like Froze rotors and Hawk LTS pads, but the fronts handle most of the braking.

·
Premium Member
75,175 Posts
For a 2004, I would think about getting the seal kits and pistons and rebuilding the calipers. And yeah, I would just get the shoes and spring/clip kit and do the parking brakes also. Nothing worse than getting it apart and finding out you need more parts.

I like Froze rotors and Hawk LTS pads, but the fronts handle most of the braking.
the kicker for me? I don't really need to replace any of the brakes, just the e-brake..... but since the pads de-laminated the inside rotor drum is scored.. I may do the frozen rotors up front when needed :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sounds like the titan has separate pads for the e-brake...is this correct?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Yes, they are actually brake shoes. The drum is formed by the inner surface of the "hat" portion of the rear rotors. They are set up just like old school brake shoes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts