Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04' CC LE with big tow. I have about 53,000 miles on her and I just installed a ProComp 6" stage 2 lift kit in October of 06'. I noticed that I have oil coming out of the breather and on both sides of the plates next to the brakes. I'm not sure what you call those. I'm not sure but I could swear that I have felt it slip a couple of times. I haven't heard any noises coming from my rearend. I did buy the extended warranty but like I said I lifted my truck. Am I screwed or what? Please help!

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Eric Warner said:
What about the lift and the extended warranty?
It is a common problem on titans even with no lift. They should know this and not give you a hard time. They have to prove the lift caused the problem to not honor the warranty.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yup, take it in right away. What everyone else is telling you is accurate. Your axle seals are probably leaking and eventually (could be days), you'll drain out all your diff fluid and blow out your rear end.

This is what happened to my truck and I had a lift. I didn't know I had a leak and my rear diff grenaded. Dealer felt it necessary to say "your lift may have caused this", but they still replaced my entire rear end under warranty.

Do you have 4X4?

Regards,

John

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have 4x4 Big Tow. Are the odds in my favor for a rear end replacement? I'm just concerned because I do alot of driving and a weekly trip of over 300 miles. Also I'm going to be pulling a 28' trailer in a couple of months for about 800 miles and I want to be sure that my family and I have a safe trip. I use my truck pretty hard put I still don't think I should be having these problems.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do you have the e-locker? I ask because it has been reported that the rear ends for 4X4's with e-locker have been upgraded by Nissan to a stronger version. Replacement rear ends for regular 4X4's and 2WD versions are reported to have the same design as the 04's.

I can't attest to the validity of this as I've not seen it well documented, though it is reported again and again as being true.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I took her in to the dealership this morning for the rearend. I was reading the extended warrany program and it states in there that they do not cover any factory modifications. Does that mean they don't cover the aftermarket part or they don't cover the truck if it has been modified? I my opinion if you change from the factory wheels, you have modified from the factory settings. Well I guess we will see what the outcome is today. I also took it in for the wiring recall. I will let you know once I hear from the dealership!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts