Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Yes it is, but it's not what you want to do...On the pavement it puts a lot of pressure on the axle shafts and wears the tires out much quicker...
If you only ran dirt, then yeah who cares, but not for a veh that spends most of it time on pavement.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Please remember that on pavement when you go around a turn your outside wheel cover more ground than your inside which would cause binding of the axle shaft if it was welded together.

On dirt applications you dont have the traction for this to be a issue, but this is a no-no for street use.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it only was bad if you did the front diff? Kinda like trying to turn a 4wd four wheeler. And actually you are right the project i saw was a suzuki samurai (sp)? for offroading mainly. It sounded cool and affordable. Thanks guys!!!!!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I know that ricerbois that have open diff rear-wheel drive cars frequently weld their rear gears together for drifting. Btw, how did doing donuts turn into a sport anyway?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know that ricerbois that have open diff rear-wheel drive cars frequently weld their rear gears together for drifting. Btw, how did doing donuts turn into a sport anyway?
True, but you also need to remember there not keeping traction when there driving either...... The goal of those cars are to keep there rear tires spinning in the turns :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
roy365 said:
I have seen where offroad guys have taken apart their their diff's and welded them to make a locked rear differential. Is this obtainable by in any rear end??????:computern

Called a Lincoln Locker (after Lincoln welders) and they weld the spider gears.

Don't do it...it's frowned on even in the offroader community.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts