Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to do this, I have ordered the toyota part, and I am just seeing those that have done this have they expierenced any problems from this? Someone told me that due to high temps and capillary action I may get some seepage of fluid occasionally.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but after doing the mod recently, I found the Toyota part # didn't thread in as easily as the current vent plug. I thought the thread count was the discussed to be the same but it didn't feel like it to me. It went in regardless.

Also, get at least 15 ft of fuel cable. I got 6 ft, then after getting under there, I didn't have enough, so went back and got another 6 more feet and a inline splicer. Only trimmed off about a foot. I ended up routing the hose to the center of the truck, down to the axle, then back out to the vent plug. Hopefully this fixes my blown seals.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The thread on the Toyota part is correct. It is a 1/4" Hose Barb with a 1/8" Straight Pipe Thread (also called NPTF, NPS or Dryseal) as oppossed to a Tapered Pipe Thread (NPT) we normally find. It is just such a small, fine thread that it is difficult at times to engage properly. Seepage should not be a problem, not with a filter on the other end and about 8 foot or so of hose. I put mine inside the body cavity, behind the Taillight as suggested. Easy mod, after threading in the Hose Barb.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Undershade said:
Can you guys direct me to the original thread? I'd like to see what this mod is about. Thanks!
+1 here have no idea what you guys are talking about

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
The front diff has a line vent so why nissan uses a one way valve for the rear is beyond me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts