Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

I purchased my new to my 04' CC, LE 4x4 Titan two weeks ago and love it! I can't believe the power and smooth ride that this truck has. I have been reading and have some of the TSBs (radiator cooler lines) scheduled to be fixed next week.

My only concern is the rear differential. It has the steel cover and looks to be in OK shape. There is some mild oil seepage around the left edge but not copious amounts. To be on the safe side I changed the rear differential oil to synthetic 75W-140. So far the rear end seems OK as I am not aware of any problems or whinning etc.

To help extend the longevity would you recommend later putting an aluminum cover on or will that even fit on this axle?

Great web-site full of useful information. Thanks a bunch!

John

·
Registered
392 Posts
jcandrew said:
Hello guys!

I purchased my new to my 04' CC, LE 4x4 Titan two weeks ago and love it! I can't believe the power and smooth ride that this truck has. I have been reading and have some of the TSBs (radiator cooler lines) scheduled to be fixed next week.

My only concern is the rear differential. It has the steel cover and looks to be in OK shape. There is some mild oil seepage around the left edge but not copious amounts. To be on the safe side I changed the rear differential oil to synthetic 75W-140. So far the rear end seems OK as I am not aware of any problems or whinning etc.

To help extend the longevity would you recommend later putting an aluminum cover on or will that even fit on this axle?

Great web-site full of useful information. Thanks a bunch!

John
Congrats and welcome. To your question; yes it will fit, but you will need the brake line support as well. If you go to mighty titans dot com, there is one for sale by shailey. Along with RP fluid. I've done the trade out for towing, and if you aren't going to do any heavy towing, you'll probably be fine without it. I tow 8k. It's like a little extra insurance to keep it cool. FYI, there aren't any gaskets, get the tube stuff for high temps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply! Very useful post. I think that you have the right idea about putting it on for a little extra insurance when towing--that sounds reasonable. It is good to know that it will fit. I will take your advice and get the high temp sealant and brake line bracket.

John

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not a problem. Do yourself a favor and follow the instructions on the time between "finger tighten" and "final tighten". It says to wait and you should.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the tips on the install as any extra info to make it a success is always helpful. Hey, nice looking differential cover! I like it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts