Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2008 titan. lifted with 35 inch toyo tires. i started hearing a clicking noise come from my rear end. i took it to the local dealership and they told me it was my spider gears. i had it towed to a nissan dealership because it was under warranty still. they told me they wouldn't fix it because of the lift when they are the ones that installed it. next i went after my extended warranty. they claimed they wouldnt fix it because that warranty does not come into effect till the factory warranty no longer exists. i have tried and tried to contact nissan and they will not work with me. i have been told many things that contradict each other. any help or ideas? i need it fixed but dont want to pay 3,000 to fix it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fax a copy of the invoice for the lift to Nissan and ask them how a dealership can sell and install the lift but not notify you in writing that it would void your drivetrain warranty.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
So you bought a new 08 Titan with a lift that Nissan installed, the rear end is going bad and they're refusing to fix it because of the lift? C'mon.....somethings' missing from this story somewhere. That just makes NO sense...even for Nissan.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Find a mod friendly dealer and take it there.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
^^^what he said. Its well known that our rearends are junk, regardless of bigger tires

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Are they the ones that actually put the lift on, or did you buy it used from them with the lift on it?

Times are tough and all dealers, not just Nissan, are going to scrutinize warranty claims.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the same thing has just happened to me,the clicking noise was actually my cross pin that had broke and was sliding out on decel and hitting the pinnion..I ended up putting the spartan locker (a little modified) in her...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-problems-dealer-service/107079-i-officially-hate-nissan.html

I believe that the No Fear edition used a Pro Comp lift and had a DSI (not Nissan) powertrain warranty.
Sorry...I'm not buyin' it. Somethings missing from the story. Unless expressly written when purchasing that, because of the lift, the warranty is voided, Nissan cannot, BY LAW, refuse warranty work. So again, it was either beat on, modded beyond the provided lift...something.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Sorry...I'm not buyin' it. Somethings missing from the story. Unless expressly written when purchasing that, because of the lift, the warranty is voided, Nissan cannot, BY LAW, refuse warranty work. So again, it was either beat on, modded beyond the provided lift...something.
Nissan does not mfg. the Titan with any lift. In the case of the No Fear Titan, it is a Pro Comp lift done by Dealer Services International, which provides a warranty. I don't have a No Fear Titan, but I'm pretty sure that would be covered in the sales paper work if you bought one.

Dealer Services International - No Fear Nissan Titan

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Nissan does not mfg. the Titan with any lift. In the case of the No Fear Titan, it is a Pro Comp lift done by Dealer Services International, which provides a warranty. I don't have a No Fear Titan, but I'm pretty sure that would be covered in the sales paper work if you bought one.

Dealer Services International - No Fear Nissan Titan
Well then THAT would be the missing part to the story...that the buyer is told, in writing, when they purchased the truck that the lift and all its' associated parts would not be covered under Nissans warranty.
I'm 23 years and 16 cars into buying Nissans and have never heard of them not covering their vehicles without reason.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well then THAT would be the missing part to the story...that the buyer is told, in writing, when they purchased the truck that the lift and all its' associated parts would not be covered under Nissans warranty.
I'm 23 years and 16 cars into buying Nissans and have never heard of them not covering their vehicles without reason.

Looks like it's implied here. DSI has their own warranty, including an optional "powertrain warranty" with the standard parts and labor on the aftermarket lift components while Nissan supposedly picks up the rest with their warranty. It's apparent Nissan is trying to weasel out of the powertrain warranty by saying the lift kit caused the problem. Of course, DSI will then ping pong it back to Nissan saying it isn't their problem because it's an OEM installed part, not something they did. Ridiculous!

You'd think there would be some law (so many laws these days) on the books that would state that any option package installed by a (Tier 2?) aftermarket supplier for a regional option package would be protected under the umbrella of the new vehicle manufacturer warranty.

I guess if you want a new lifted truck, it would be better to install it yourself after purchase. That way, if anything goes wrong with any of the stock under engineered OEM components, you have the option of taking the lift kit off and getting whatever needs to be fixed under the manufacturer warranty.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I'm not sure why Nissan would deny a powertrain warranty though for a lift....again, unless it was told to the purchaser originally. The engine should be covered though...wouldn't you think? The tranny is iffy. Large tires and larger angles on the drive shafts (on a 4WD) put a lot of wear on the componants.
It looks to me that the OP needs to go back and carefully weed through all his papers from purchase to see exactly what warranties he's entitled to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2009 nissan titan with less then 60,000 miles my spider gears just went out what is the factory warranty cover and how long??? cause i am hearing that it is 50,000 and 75,000 can someone clear this up for me so i know if i should bother the dealership or not thanks [email protected] email me it would be faster

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I have a 2009 nissan titan with less then 60,000 miles my spider gears just went out what is the factory warranty cover and how long??? cause i am hearing that it is 50,000 and 75,000 can someone clear this up for me so i know if i should bother the dealership or not thanks [email protected] email me it would be faster
That should be under warranty if your under 60.000. I thought they upgraded the newer ones? But you should be getting a new rear axle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea i didnt buy an extended warranty cause i had a 05 i beat the crap out of never broke and i bought one for that. i bought the 09 used and has less then 60,000 miles so should the rear be covered under factory warranty even tho i bought it used??? i would call dealership and ask but then they would red flag me and want me to bring it in and i cant afford all that right now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts