Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 Titan... Rear driving lights aren't working... The bulbs are fine as they flash on when you click the "lock/unlock" button... Headlights work fine when switched on, the rear lights just don't come on...

Any guidance???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do your front parking lights come on?
Yup... Everything works fine but the rear lights... When you touch the brakes, the brakelights come on, and as I said before, the bulbs work because these lights flash when you unlock the truck... I'm stumped...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
They're dual filament bulbs back there. The running lights and the brake lights are separate circuits. Blown fuse on your parking/running lights, but not on your brakes. Likely up in the box behind the battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anywhere where I can find a schematic of the fuses that are "up behind the battery"??? I haven't looked yet but I'm not sure if there is a diagram there of the fuses...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked all the fuses mentioned and no fix yet... Any last minute ideas before I put it in the shop??? I have a repair order from the police and gotta get it done...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Do the fronts work? Go buy a new bulb for the rear and try it. Remember it's a dual filament so it's possible, however unlikely, that one filament is shot and not the other. It's unlikely because what are the odds that it happened on all of them? Still worth a shot.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked again and the front parking actually DON'T work... The headlights do, front and back parking lights don't...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Did your truck have the BCM harness recall? If so, there are a couple of fuses they added up underneath the dash on the driver's side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No recall on that on this vehicle... I can think of nothing other than a blown fuse that could cause an issue like this... Seemed like it was going to be an easy fix... No such luck...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
Fuse is the only thing that makes sense to me, too. Did you check them with a multimeter or just visually? They're so dang small that they're sometimes easy to miss as being blown. The only other thing that makes sense is a BCM that's gone tits up. Hope it's not that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pulled each one that you had mentioned and tried it with a new fuse... Didn't check with a multimeter...

·
Super Moderator
160,795 Posts
That'd be just as good a method. I'm out of ideas for you. :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you have the condenser fan recall done because i worked for nissan for a few years and i had a titan come in where the turn signals had hyperblink like a bad bulb. What ended up happening was the condenser fan over heated melting the harness and shorted the lighting wires together had to replace the whole front harness. Hope thats not your issue but worth looking at.

Reactions: Carbeaux

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Fuse box at right rear of engine compartment, fuse #37 (10A).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It WAS fuse 37... Pulled it and it was blown... Luckily, just before I took the truck in for my 9am appointment...

Thanks, Guys!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts