Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the CST 8" a couple weeks ago and everything went in fine with no problems. When I'm going over small bumps in the road at a low speed, I get a pretty loud clunking noise from the rear end. It's not a pounding or anything that makes the truck shake, but just more of a noise... I got under the truck to see if I could pinpoint it, but no luck. I made sure that everything is tight, but it still does it... I noticed that I could push the drive shaft up and down a little bit and it would kind of make the clunking noise but I'm not sure that's it. My other idea is that I bought the Radflo 2.0 rear shocks and Greg includes hardware that is actually smaller than the OEM bolts... My thinking is that the bolt is being pushed around inside the bigger hole on the shock mounts... Any help on this would be HUGE. I love the way it looks, just a little unhappy that it's making an annoying noise. Thanks in advance. If you think pictures would help, let me know and I'll get some pictures of whatever you want.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had the same thing and it was the tailgate. I think there is a thread on here for curing the tailgate clunk

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
post #2 works like a charm. takes like 1 min...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts