Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news... my rear end is failing and has to be replaced... getting a very loud "Clunk" when shifting gears. :ugh:

Good news... dealer says it is covered under warranty... but will need to keep it until Monday (today is Thursday), but they are providing a car for me to us. :hahano:

Kline Nissan off Hwy 61 in Minnesota has always taken excellent care of me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
At least they are taking care of you...for free:thumbsup:

Some of us could only be so lucky...

·
Registered
147 Posts
autostnmn said:
Bad news... my rear end is failing and has to be replaced... getting a very loud "Clunk" when shifting gears. :ugh:

Good news... dealer says it is covered under warranty... but will need to keep it until Monday (today is Thursday), but they are providing a car for me to us. :hahano:

Kline Nissan off Hwy 61 in Minnesota has always taken excellent care of me.
I had mine replaced less than a month ago. I dropped it off 7:30 Friday morning, took a rental car around town to do a few things, and got a call at 2:00 to come and pick it up. Mine was done east side Zimbrick in Madison. Great bunch of guys. It looked like they have done it before, they showed me the rear end that was about to go in, and sitting there were 2 other replaced ones. They also changed the fuel sensor and pump while they had the rear end out.

Steven

·
Registered
579 Posts
s3gunner said:
I had mine replaced less than a month ago. I dropped it off 7:30 Friday morning, took a rental car around town to do a few things, and got a call at 2:00 to come and pick it up. Mine was done east side Zimbrick in Madison. Great bunch of guys. It looked like they have done it before, they showed me the rear end that was about to go in, and sitting there were 2 other replaced ones. They also changed the fuel sensor and pump while they had the rear end out.

Steven
You're lucky - a couple of weeks ago, I started hearing a "whining" sound coming from the rear of the Titan (when accelerating and cruising). Took it to the dealership on Monday (Aug 20th) and they took it for a road test and confirmed that the noise was coming from the rear differential and that replacement parts would be in on Wednesday (Aug 22nd). Here it is Friday (Aug 24th) and I just spoke to the dealership - the parts are still not in (supposedly coming from Eastern Canada) should be in on Monday (Aug 27th)
I don't know how many Titans that Nissan has sold in Canada but this is ridiculous to have to wait for over a week especially for a major component as the rear differential.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts