Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 SE KC with 61k on it. About 20K miles ago the rear seal blew and they replaced the entire diff under a TSB. The dealer told me the way it was designed the gears were meshing to close and causing issues. Well about 2000 miles ago this THHHUD sound would come from the rear everytime i came to a stop, it even did it when i would accelerate. So i took it to the dealer today to have it looked at again, (since the last time i took it they said it wouldnt make the noise for them) and I had a tech ride with me to reproduce the issue and i did. They say that it sounds like slack in the drive line and there is no fix for it according to Nissan Tech Line. Has anyone else had this issue? To me if there is slack in a driveline then it needs to be tightened up so a u-joint dosent snap and/or bust the driveshaft. Thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
You have axle wrap like most Titans do. There are three choices to help reduce it, Jet Techs helper spring mod, Hellwig traction springs, traction bars. There is usually no noise associated with axle wrap, just a bump bump feeling when almost stopped and accelerating.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I heard of axle wrap alot, what is that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you go here

titantalk.com/forums/titan-engine-transmission-drivetrain/11185-drive-train-clunk-3.htm

you can read more abou the axle wrap. I went and bought them and it fixed my problem. Thanks sudden urge for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts