Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2008 LE 4X4 6" lift w 35's and I'm looking for options to get rid of the one wheel Peel. I know the true trac is for the older models but I'm not sure of my options at this point

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Buy an older Model Titan rear end and install the Tru Trac. You could also do a complete axle swap of a Dana 60 with LSD or any other axle you can marry in. Only the Titan axle swap will be plug'n'play. The other projects take some modding. That would be your options.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to see if I can find rear end out if a folder model is it the 2004? Did any titans come with it stock if so how do I identity it? I gotta see if that is cheaper than buying a dana 60.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I'm going to see if I can find rear end out if a folder model is it the 2004? Did any titans come with it stock if so how do I identity it? I gotta see if that is cheaper than buying a dana 60.
2004 - 2007 non e-locker would be best. You need to be careful because complete rear axles have been replaced in some Titans under warranty, so they may not have the OEM rear axle. The 2004-2007 use 32 spline axle shafts. 2008+ use larger diameter 35 spline axles. The e-locker has different length shafts which requires shimming of the axle bearing on one side or (better) replacement of one shaft for TrueTrac install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts