Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 2004 Titan 4wd. When i go over bumps, the rear squeaks. but it doesnt happen all the time. Any ideas?? thank you

·
Registered
686 Posts
Shocks? Leaf Springs? Shackles??

·
Registered
686 Posts
Check your shocks for wet spots indicating leakage. Check each leaf spring for cracks in any of the leafs. The rear shackles are a known weak spot on early model Titans, so check the bushing area as well as all the parts of the shackle that are welded.

Reactions: Chef Titan04

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Try spraying some WD-40 on your shackles, I tracked my squeek down to the rear passenger side. Every so often it comes back and I have to hit it again.

Reactions: Chef Titan04

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a squeak come up a few weeks ago and I tracked it down to the rear driver shock was the culprit.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If the squeak occurs when acelerating,braking and cornering,could be the body mounts. I am currently having issues with noisy body mounts.

·
Registered
777 Posts
White Lithium Grease on all the bushings.

·
Registered
285 Posts
One question: Do you have an aftermarket exhaust? I had squeaking from the rubber hanger near the exhaust tip due to the exhaust slipping rearward (loose exhuast clamps). When I repositioned my exhuast the squeak went away.

·
Registered
784 Posts
i found this the other day. the clip that holds the leafs together just behind the rear tire. the side of the leafs were rubbing on it. wd40=no more squeak

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
^^^^^ Yep exactly, the shackles are where mine was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts