Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Tranny mount thunk. Found the bolts backed out 1/2" on the tranny mount (Nissan calls it the rear engine mount). Threads are mucked up, I need to know what size (length,Dia. and thread pitch) these 2 bolts are? This is for the 2 bolts that actually bolt the rubber mount to the transmission and not the 3 that bolt to the cross member. I want to get a tap to chase threads and buy new bolts. before I drop the cross member.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would bet you could take off one of the 3 nuts holding it to the cross member and thats the same size and thread pitch as the 2 holding it to the trans. They're probably a 12mm diameter, unsure on the pitch but i know they're both a 17mm head. If you're just going to hit up ace then just do that, get them about a 1 1/2" or so in length.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it done. Bolts are 12mm dia. x 40 mm long - 1.75 thread pitch. Rubber mount was OK, Had to chase threads and install new bolts. These will get checked regularly from now on. That cross member is a pain to get the bolts loose and pried out of the mount pocket.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you apply some thread locker?
No loctite. I may need to remove it again some time to replace the mount if it ever breaks. I will check for bolts backing out frequently now that I know of the problem.

·
Registered
563 Posts
True. If they are backing out in the future just get a lockwasher. That should prevent it and you don't have to gum up the threads with thread locker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts